England Squad Vs Netherlands

Brett

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United)

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

AT LAST!!!!

Someone with the sense to drop Lampard & Terry (I know he's injured but Capello would have taken him anyway), I would have dropped Ashley cole as well for his sheer arrogance.

Overall I think that pearce has made a good selection!!

There might be an O'Neil influence if Pearce is allowed to continue (not that there is anything wrong with Stuart Pearce) they are big pals from their Forest connections. Notice the inclusion of Fraizer Campbell from Slumderland, his current form is excellent but it comes on the back of legnthy lay off. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if Pearce is given the job to take them to Euro 2012, after all he does have a fair ammount of international tournament experience. There are no other English coaches with that experience available to step in except Mick McArthy (and he's a plastic Irishman with a Yorkshire accent). Lets see how he does in the warm ups, Harry Redknap may not be the messiah everyone seems to think he his, remember a national team manager does not have a cheque book to wave around like club managers and because of the ammount of foreign players in the top flight, it is harder to find indigenous players good enough for internationl competions. Look no further than Scotland. They had players like Law, Dalgliesh, Souness, Jordan, McOist, Strachan, Bremner etc (in no particular order) plying their trade in the English top flight, those players dont get that sort of chance now because of the players available world wide and the Scottish national team has suffered. The same problem is starting to have an effect on England, very few players graduate from their accademmies to play for their clubs. I have a grandson who is to play for Rangers under 11's next year (their present trouble apart), but we all know that unless he is exceptional, he will not go all the way.

Well I was proud when Boro were playing the other week and 9 of the 11 players that they fielded were from their own academy.

It is the way forward and the only way, we as a nation are going to succeed in national competitions. Instead of investing massive amounts of money into foreign players they should be funding local youngsters from each club and have players that are proud to wear the shirt of the teen dreams rather than a half arsed foreign player who is there because the money is right.

It is the only way any club is going to be able to run a financially sustainable club in the future.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now