Bedlington Top Club

tomtom

Yep ... that's the Post Office I remember. Are folks in Bedders still driving Mk2 Capris & Ladas (or Polanski Fiats) and renting their tellies from Rediffusion. Good to see the girlies being able to their latest stuff from Phillip Green's TopShop.

Thats not near the Market Place maybe your inbuilt sat nav system needs updating. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yep, memory playing tricks! So I've just wandered down Front St on Google's Streetview to position stuff, funny how I thought the Post Office was lower down and was suprised to discover the Grapes as far down as it is ... I remembered it being higher up and had completely forgotten that the Blue Bell was there. I reckon the Top Club (the 'new' one) might have been Eddie Milne's house back in the day ... ??? or have I got that wrong as well?

Edited by Symptoms

Yep, memory playing tricks! So I've just wandered down Front St on Google's Streetview to position stuff, funny how I thought the Post Office was lower down and was suprised to discover the Grapes as far down as it is ... I remembered it being higher up and had completely forgotten that the Blue Bell was there. I reckon the Top Club (the 'new' one) might have been Eddie Milne's house back in the day ... ??? or have I got that wrong as well?

You're right Symptoms it was Eddie Milnes house.

You're right Symptoms it was Eddie Milnes house.

Your both wrong,

Eddie Milne was the MP that wasn't quite whiter than white,In fact he was a load of crap just like todays MP. The house that you refer to was owned by Jimmy Milne a very respectable business man in the town, in fact he could be remembered as Mr Bedlington.Must get the facts right lads!!

Your both wrong,

Eddie Milne was the MP that wasn't quite whiter than white,In fact he was a load of crap just like todays MP. The house that you refer to was owned by Jimmy Milne a very respectable business man in the town, in fact he could be remembered as Mr Bedlington.Must get the facts right lads!!

OOPS!! I stand corrected, I knew full well it was Jimmy Milne. I think it was because symptoms and written Eddie Milne (mistakenly I'm sure) and that name became planted in my mind, therefore I agreed unwittingly. (thats my excuse and I am sticking with it Foxy)

post-23-0-90876000-1329051819.jpg

My current wife worked there and she kept mentioning the fact that a crack in the wall beyond the stage (as you looked from the bar) near the fire door was getting bigger every day. No one would believe her so she put a mark against it every day. They then started to realise that they better get something done about it. The rest is history.

(Best I can do Keith.......)

Edited by Malcolm Robinson

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now