"the Store" Netherton

Canny lass

2 hours ago, timeslip1 said:

I enjoyed living at Netherton Colliery growing up in 60's and 70's

Have you seen this video @timeslip1 -Footage of Netherton Colliery Village 1970 to 1973 - posted by Damian Robson.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, timeslip1 said:

Hi Alan i have viewed it a few times i lived in Plessey street same street as cine was made

I wished more people would share photos of Netherton Colliery 

From what you have commented am I right to assume you have viewed the albums in the Gallery - Netherton/Nedderton old photos - Netherton/Nedderton old photos 2 - The End of Netherton Colliery -  Netherton Colliery Railway Engine 1970  - Scotts of Netherton  &  Netherton Colliery Band ?

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

• 1 year later...
On 29/01/2019 at 19:41, Alan Edgar (Eggy1948) said:

@Canny lass :- not the store but close by. This comment and photo posted on the Bygone Bedlington Facebook group by Gordon Smith,a local historian, lives in Blyth :- 9 June, 1966. Mr W. Winslow, left, Vice-President of the Bedlington branch of the Royal Naval Association hoists the White Ensign to mark the opening of the new branch headquarters at Netherton. The new headquarters is in the former Netherton Social Club which moved to new premises three years ago. The extensive renovations have cost £15,000. It is the only RNA club between the Tyne and the Tweed and Mr E. Gurney the branch chairman feels it will be well supported. "We have a strong sea-going tradition in the area," he said. BNAP Thursday 16 June, 1966.

I added the text and a couple of members have named 3 of them :-

51149362 named.jpg

A couple of members think that No 4 is Jackie Cunningham and another that No 3 might be Joe Coleman.

Do you know any names for this photo?

@Hursty - is your dad in this photo? I've highlighted part of the text above where your dad gets a mention.

Edited by Alan Edgar (Eggy1948)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now