Wind Farm In Bedlington?

Neil

I hope everyone objects to them, "they are ugly, ineffective and completely usless" quote prince phillip and i fully agree with him. Coal is the Past, Present and Future, Long live King Coal :thumbsup: . This should be what happens to wind farms :closed: .

Edited by Adam Hogg

Adam mentioned Phil the Greek, half of that well known comedy double act. The half that started out as 'Uncle' Dickie's cabin-boy (yep, you know what I mean) during that big bunfight 70 years ago, the half that partied with Astor, Profumo, Christine & Mandy (and smudged without a head), the half that has been continuing to insult just about everybody up to the present time, the Daddy of that collection of scrounging, useless brats, the Grandaddy of balding Billy just sent down to the South Atlantic (of course Ginger Harry ain't blood related to Phil some would say).

Edited by Symptoms

Adam mentioned Phil the Greek, half of that well known comedy double act. The half that started out as 'Uncle' Dickie's cabin-boy (yep, you know what I mean) during that big bunfight 70 years ago, the half that partied with Astor, Profumo, Christine & Mandy (and smudged without a head), the half that has been continuing to insult just about everybody up to the present time, the Daddy of that collection of scrounging, useless brats, the Grandaddy of balding Billy just sent down to the South Atlantic (of course Ginger Harry ain't blood related to Phil some would say).

Why don't you say what you think instead of beating around the Bush? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ok, Ok ...

The poor mis-guided beige brigades of Middle England have continuously swallowed the guff perpetrated by that family of German con artists and their protectors. The sickening sight of the foolish masses with their easy-stretch trousers and cheap haircuts, wildly waving their banners and bunting, clutching their rolled-up copies of the hateful Daily Mail bowing and scraping to the wasters turns my stomach. What a complete waste of resources the lot of them are. I could go on for pages and pages but I think you get my drift. Do you want pages and pages more?

Ah, to think back to all the good works done that glorious July night in Yekaterinburg.

• Like 1

Ok, Ok ...

The poor mis-guided beige brigades of Middle England have continuously swallowed the guff perpetrated by that family of German con artists and their protectors. The sickening sight of the foolish masses with their easy-stretch trousers and cheap haircuts, wildly waving their banners and bunting, clutching their rolled-up copies of the hateful Daily Mail bowing and scraping to the wasters turns my stomach. What a complete waste of resources the lot of them are. I could go on for pages and pages but I think you get my drift. Do you want pages and pages more?

Ah, to think back to all the good works done that glorious July night in Yekaterinburg.

Guess You are not against Australia becoming a republic eh !

Ok, Ok ...

Yeah, but he's right about wind turbines.....

On this note, just picked up mail from my Sister's house on Glebe Terrace, among which is the planning notice for the two blots on the landscape proposed.....

What's everybody's problem here? The idea of a few energy saving windmills grinding locally produced wheat into flour really appeals to me. Why has no-one thought of this brilliant inovative piece of modern technology before........(p.s. dont wake me up to early, it is proving to be a hard, hard life....zzzzzz)

why don't we go the whole hog and put a bakery in for the finished product? Perhaps some local barley could be malted as well!

Personally I'd prefer a nuclear blot;

a They employ more people

b They pay good wages

c If they go bang, we'd all be dead so wouldn't worry about anything.

BBB - that sounds a bit like that money-making racket going on in the South West ... but let's call the one up here the Duchy of Cornwall Bedders. We could have a boss who'd trouser all the rip-off profits, who'd lean on planners to approve legoland houses everywhere (oh, and charge huge rents), trampling over everyones gardens on horseback in pursuit of our very own foxy, bestowing the dubious honour on a local to wipe his !*!@# (they be queuing-up for the privilages ... fools), growing cereals as far as the eye can see then milling/processing the stuff to produce Charlie Pee Porter (£6 a pint).

Edited by Symptoms

What's everybody's problem here? The idea of a few energy saving windmills grinding locally produced wheat into flour really appeals to me. Why has no-one thought of this brilliant inovative piece of modern technology before........(p.s. dont wake me up to early, it is proving to be a hard, hard life....zzzzzz)

I completely agree with keith there are at least two old windmills near Bedlington which are twice as small as wind trubines would it not be better to use the old windmills and not build new ugly ineffective wind trubines? Edited by Adam Hogg

Ripped off an economics site I use.......

''The UK is the windiest country in Europe with off and onshore wind together having the potential to deliver 30% of the UK's electricity supply by 2020. Despite the UK government pushing wind power, the national grid has stated that it would not be able to cope with the surge of power from wind farms and estimates that turbines would have to be switched off on 38 days every year, because it would be too windy. They are currently switched off for 25 days a year, but this is forecasted to increase as more turbines come online. With wind farm operators being paid £2.6mn to keep their turbines idle last year, the UK government's decision to push for a seven-fold increase in wind power generated electricity is somewhat questionable.

In addition, there is a strong campaign to stop the spread of wind farms, especially onshore, in the UK. Campaigners sight high costs, inefficiency and also blighted views as reasons for not wanting more wind farms in their own backyards. To compound matters, there is a suggestion that winds sweeping the UK may be on the wane, with 2010 being the "stillest” year of the past decade.

The Department of Energy and Climate Change views nuclear power as low-carbon, affordable, dependable and capable of increasing diversity of energy supply. The government has allocated an investment of £40bn in nuclear power, which should deliver 16GW of new capacity. However, concerns persist over high plant construction costs, uncertainty over government subsidies, safety and increased regulatory scrutiny. The end result is that the UK's current policy on renewable energy sources is highly unlikely to meet its commitment at the supranational level.''

3Bs - yep, that lot from Alnwick are just the same ... the only difference between them and us is that their ancestors had bigger swords than ours. All the inbred toffs are the same ... land grabs, evictions, droit du seigneur, protection racket with the Church, bleeding the poor, and so on; this all morphed eventually into the Tory ruling elite. Yep, when you strip it all away that's at the heart of the Bullingdon crew.

• Like 1

I take it you are not a Royalist then Symptoms :blink:

It's OK he's just had his old VHS of Scandal out again. But soon he''ll be back to Battleship Potemkin, and all those great classics made under Uncle Joe - my particular fave being: Our Glorious Five Year Plan - #43. Compulsive viewing indeed! (Particularly so if you were a Soviet citizen and didn't want to go on an extended weight-loss holiday in the Gulag.)

Don't let on but I'm planning to send him a copy of The Iron Lady for Christmas. He'll surely find it highly educational. We'll likely be treated to a full analysis of how the trade union movement was holding our Country hostage, until she stood up for fairness and the rights of the ordinary citizen. ;)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now