I walked up to see at first hand what was happening.

I was amazed to find the concrete is not supporting anything and the building behind looks as if it will suffer the same fate as the road.

Please someone reassure me that the developers know what they are doing!

It is such a historic site, could we persuade them to do a time team type dig before they do anymore.

What is there to lose, they do not seem to care about safety and the danger posed to the businesses and people of Bedlington.

Contact the HSE if you think it is a risk to Health and Safety they should deal with that, same if you think anything is against Building Regulations contact NCC Building Control.

Contact the HSE if you think it is a risk to Health and Safety they should deal with that, same if you think anything is against Building Regulations contact NCC Building Control.

And they'll probably tell you "its got nowt to do with us" and I'm speaking from experience, waste of time the whole lot of them

Edited by foxy

Surely the powers that be, do checks and ensure safety!

The developers may end up with more land, maybe that is the plan.

I cannot see what can be done now that work has started and things are not right.

Realistically, it is the people who own the land and the road access that need to be involved to find a solution.

The building behind may belong to the developers.

I think there was a forge somewhere, certainly behind the Sun Inn there was an anvil, which people would lift to show how strong they were!

Unfortunately I do not know enough about the rules Adam to complain.

Building regulations are not my strong point.

Health and safety are important to us all, self preservation!

Maybe you can reassure me that things are ok!

Well i would be very careful about the concrete he has put in to keep the road up does not look very safe to me will go down tomorrow and have a look at the whole site see if anything looks out of place.

The concrete at the back, that I thought would hold back any land slip, seems the problem.

I went to look because I thought it was a good job. I came away horrified.

I was interested to see what others thought.

Seems like an accident waiting to happen.

The road way seems an unresolved issue.

post-4-0-49041500-1362389005_thumb.jpgpost-4-0-21668200-1362389042_thumb.jpgpost-4-0-15207400-1362389083_thumb.jpgpost-4-0-02243700-1362389119_thumb.jpg

If you all note photo three on the posting by Brett you will see part of the club's flat outside wall has subsided that is a Building Control issue anyone want to blow the whistle on it? It may also be a Health And Safety Issue as there is a risk of Injury if a land slip took place. Also looks like Mr Elliotts Blast Wall (concrete wall) is not Reinforced which it should be, again a Building Control Issue. Also No support installed all the way along near the public highway to stop another land slip a Highway's Issue.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday part of the building behind the site now has exposed foundations.

Despite the back fill and the work they are doing the buildings around and the road all look like an accident waiting to happen.

Not sure who drives up behind the Sun Inn but anyone doing so is very very brave.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now