Welcome to Bedlington. If you're a resident or just visiting, you'll find everything you need here. There's no cost to participate and members see content not available to anybody else.

johndawsonjune1955

Club Domino

Then & Now 

Club Domino2.jpg

Hi Eggy!

Great montage of the Wallaw/E.T.C !!

Can anybody mind of Johhny Citrone appearing there at the Domino,in the days not long after it opened?

I think I telt me story aboot him on another thread,but I just found an excellent black and white clip of him on Blue Peter ,[on U-Tube], blowing a hot water bottle up,only he only blew it up so far and stopped,for safety.[it WAS a kid's show!]

His stage act finale was blowing the hot water bottle up till it bursted with a loud explosion!

Nooadays,wi H&S,he wadn't be allowed on a kids show,wi an act like that!!....[not ti mention aal the poses he went through...displaying his physique!![He WAS Mr Great Britain at the time,for body-building]

• Like 1

Me and me Wife went ti see Los Zafiros,[a Mexican trio wi aal the get-up and wide-brimmed bonny hats!]

They waaked aroond the audience haadin' tha guitars high up,as them lot dae,when tha daeing clubs etc......

....wor lass panicked when they headed for wor tyeble,cos the leets follaad thim,and wor lass hates any kind of attention like that,but me being a fan of theirs,and heving tha L.P.'s ....[aye L.P.s-NOT ALBUMS.....!!!],AAA

was chuffed ti hell,cos apart from seeing these guys,[or any other groups like them],on thi telly,aa was nivvor gaana get a betta chance ti see hoo they played the riffs and Rasquaado's on their guitars....as a did frae three feet away,that neet!

It was brilliant,cos the three of them stood aroond wor tyeble for a canny while,ye'd think a had paid them ti dae it,but a think it was cos they got response from me,being a guitarist,and requesting tracks from their

L.P...[Vinyl!!].....aa wud be the ownly porson in the haal who wud knaa wat they were playing,and who was stone cold sober,that neet!![ me being an absoloute tee-totaller!]

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HIGH PIT WILMA said:

Can anybody mind of Johhny Citrone appearing there at the Domino,in the days not long after it opened?

I think I telt me story aboot him on another thread,but I just found an excellent black and white clip of him on Blue Peter ,[on U-Tube], blowing a hot water bottle up,only he only blew it up so far and stopped,for safety.[it WAS a kid's show!]

His stage act finale was blowing the hot water bottle up till it bursted with a loud explosion!

Nooadays,wi H&S,he wadn't be allowed on a kids show,wi an act like that!!....[not ti mention aal the poses he went through...displaying his physique!![He WAS Mr Great Britain at the time,for body-building]

HPW - a Malcolm Tait (member of the Facebook groups) posted some photos he had taken of the turns he had seen at the the Domino. He posted them without naming the acts inviting members to try and remember who they were. One was of Johnny Citrone = Mr Universe = 'Short' category winner - John Citrone was 5'3" and won the 'Short' class.

Johnny Citrone.jpg

Edited by Eggy1948

A compilation of 'the easy ones' to name from Malcol Tait's collection

Don't know if B1 was part of the act or just an audience member.  

Domino comp.jpg

Compilation 2 - one easy + 3 you might struggle with

Comp 2.jpg

Edited by Eggy1948

Compilatio 3 - 'J' easy but 'K' I have no idea 

Comp 3.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Latest News

• Northumbria’s Mini Police has gone from strength to strength as the newest recruits have all now enrolled on to the scheme.
      Last month the force announced it was extending the popular scheme, aimed at year five primary school children, after its successful launch in April.
      Now, all of the new recruits have taken up their position as Mini Police and are playing their part in policing.
      The scheme gives primary school children the chance to work with their local police and learn about a host of topics to help keep them and their friends safe.
      Superintendent Sarah Pitt has been instrumental in setting up the scheme.
      She said: “I’m really proud we’ve been able to extend the Mini Police scheme, it has proved to be really popular and it’s been encouraging to see how many schools want to get involved and I hope our newest recruits enjoy their new role.”
      Unique to the Northumbria scheme the Mini Police is led by the force’s Volunteer Police Cadets.
      Supt Pitt added: “Our Volunteer Police Cadet scheme has ran for a number of years now and we’re very impressed by the young individuals who join the scheme as young teenagers and develop into confident young adults and wanted to give them the opportunity to develop their leadership skills even further and they play an instrumental part in delivering the Mini Police.”
      Recruitment for the Volunteer Police Cadet scheme is currently open and will run until the end of October. Visit Northumbria Police’s Career website for details on how to apply.
      There are no  school children enrolled on the Mini Police scheme with the schools now involved including:-
      In Northumberland:
      Newborough School, Hexham
      Grange Primary School, Blyth
      Meadowdale Academy, Bedlington 
      Chantry Middle, Morpeth
      In North Tyneside:
      St Columba’s RC Primary School, Wallsend
      Riverside Primary School, North Shields
      In Newcastle:
      Westgate Hill Primary School, Newcastle
      St Bedes Primary School, Newcastle
      Thomas Walling Academy, Newcastle