La Torre ( Above The Millfield) Bedlington

Went to La Torre ( above The Millfield) last night, thinking it would be very quiet after the festive season.

I am delighted to say I was wrong, we got the last table . Having visited and recommended this restaurant many times before, I am delighted to see our local people supporting them. It's a great restaurant to have in our locality. Oh, and if you havn't been and you like prawns - try the Tempura King Prawns - they are to die for !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Nice to hear one of our local businesses obviously supplying what customers want!

HSBC to close their Bedlington branch April 5th!

Maybe HSBC are cleverly anticipating what customers want? They don't want their money going to pay bigger bankers bonuses, or into the mostly pointless activity of moving it around the world (and back) each time on commission, or mixed up with the funny money that's all part of fractional reserve lending.

Perhaps HSBC has very wisely said to themselves: we really don't want to be in this retail banking business as it is so boring and risk-free, so we had better step-aside and leave it to someone else.

Does anyone know how many tables you could get in if you took out the bank counter? There's an obvious name for this new one: The Shanghaied Shanghai! :D

Perhaps HSBC has very wisely said to themselves: we really don't want to be in this retail banking business as it is so boring and risk-free, so we had better step-aside and leave it to someone else.

Or exactly what Bob the Diamond geezer has said at Barclay's.

Not sure why the hell we are still throwing money (QE) at this shower?????? And more to come if Posner gets his way.

Went to La Torre ( above The Millfield) last night, thinking it would be very quiet after the festive season.

I am delighted to say I was wrong, we got the last table . Having visited and recommended this restaurant many times before, I am delighted to see our local people supporting them. It's a great restaurant to have in our locality. Oh, and if you havn't been and you like prawns - try the Tempura King Prawns - they are to die for !!!!

Tried them last night,your right they are good very nice restaurant as well. We've now got three good restaurants in Bedlington so no need to travel, lets spend our money in our own town and stuff the rest of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Six of us went to La Torre on Saturday evening for a meal and was not disappointed. It was smashing and the atmosphere was good. The service was spot on but my only gripe is the room at the back which was very poor. We wanted to sit down and browse thru the menu and have a drink but it is the darkest lit room Ihave ever been in and of course could hardly read the menu and felt that they did'nt reall wish to encourage this practice. Otherwise I repeat excellent food and really hope they keep up the standard. Just in case someone is looking at this from the Torre please can we have cream and a choc with our coffee in future cause I'm sure others would agree a coffee is nicer with these.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have been to La Torre again on Wednesday night for a birthday do . There was thirteen of us and I must praise the waitress and waiter that night. They are a credit to the restaraunt as the service they provided was spot on. The waitress couldn't have been more attentive without intruding you really felt looked after which is a pleasant change.nowadays Only one gripe my husband wasn't impressed with the Guiness as it was out of a can. .and was room temperature. Well done to the staff though.

We've been planning on heading down for the special one night during the week but nothing materialised yet.

Apparently the chef used to work at Gianni's in Morpeth and we used to frequent Gianni's not too long ago.

• 3 months later...

Well we managed to get down a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely, really nicely decorated and finished, the food was lovely and the staff were accommodating.

We said to ourselves that it is a shame that we hadn't been sooner but it was a really nice night with lovely food. Will definitely be going back.

• 3 months later...

This pub was the Dun Cow, I think.

The old name relates to Saint Cuthbert and how the monks found Durham as a resting place for the Saint.

I suppose this was the resting place of many local residents.

Maybe a place to pray for good ale!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The company makes the feast me lad

And music weaves her spell

Song and story, pipes and fiddle,

Friends we all know well

And every act is noted

From masterpiece to least

Hard times here are yesterday

The company makes the feast.

From