Nufc To Offer Half Price Season Tickets

Brett

Even after this move I don't think I could justify spending the money to go to the game exciting as it is to watch us at the moment. Personally I think the words on everyones lips has something to do with how long this lasts!!!

Excellent initiative though and good on them.

MIKE ASHLEY has moved to turn St James' Park back into the fortress that once helped deliver Champions League football – by offering season tickets at half-price.

The Toon tycoon has been so impressed by United's support in the early matches this season that he has acted to pack out St James' in the remaining matches following Saturday's 1-0 win over Wigan Athletic.

The offer by United means that existing season ticket holders can now buy additional season tickets 50% cheaper than the normal price with adults now able to come to St James' for less than £15 a game and youngsters at just £2.64 per match.

Toon managing director Derek Llambias told the Chronicle today: "We have been delighted with the tremendous start we have made to the season so far, and the fantastic support of our fans.

"What we'd like to do now is encourage even more supporters to come to St James' Park and get behind the team.

"The atmosphere of a full-house at Newcastle United is hard to beat and I know from talking to Alan, his coaching staff and the players just how much it lifts the team and can give us the edge.

"We also know how difficult it is for many people to afford to follow the team, especially in the current economic climate.

"Our aim is to make supporting Newcastle United as affordable as possible for as many people as possible.”

A standard Gallowgate season ticket would have cost £558 at the beginning of the season. This deal makes the price of an additional ticket in the same area just £207 for the rest of the season, with a child's ticket in the family enclosure only £37. Tickets are on sale from the box office at St. James' Park, or by telephone on 0844 372 1892.

8QKYC.jpg

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now