Andy Millne

Fibre Optic Broadband Arrives In Bedlington

It will never replace Home Highway! :pc:

FTTC currently has a top speed of 40Mbps although BT promised to double that to around 80Mbps next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-15180835

Lithuania leads the European FTTP ranking with 26.6% of households subscribing to the technology, followed by Norway, Sweden, Slovenia, Russia, Slovakia, Latvia, Bulgaria, Estonia and Denmark, in that order. Each of the top ten FTTP nations has a penetration rate of at least 6%.

Maybe we should be considering a move to technologically advanced Bulgaria?

still pricey though 18 quid plus your line rental from bt, were as talk talk £3.29 plus your line rental and you can still download a film in under 20 mins!!!

Dependent on speeds you already have on ADSL and the fair usage policy you tend to pay about £15-£20 for up to 20Mbps with uncapped usage so it's not too bad. I had the opportunity for it but went with Be* initially and will probably go infinity in August when my contract is up. Thought I would let BT get rid of any teething issues which they would inevitably have (or not as the case may be).

It's going to be available to anyonr that currenty has the option of FTTC....the more relevant question is how much your willing to pay for 300Mbps as it will be on demand.

I know for sure that 80/15 would be suffice without opting to pay for different cables to the house.

For people that already have FTTC there is a site where you can register your interest for 80Mbps speeds

http://www.evenfaster.bt.com/

I have registered so hopefully in time for august I can have super duper fast speeds :)

Thats just shocking, 60mb down and 20 up ^^. If u don't mind me asking which part of bedington are you in?

atm i'm a little bit annoyed with BT as they won't give me fttc in my area even though the exchange has it, and no idea when they are going to upgade my cab so we can have the fttc.

Front Street East.

Where are you, station?

I personally am waiting for other FTTC providers to come into the area as I can't stand BT. It shouldn't be too long before we can get service from another ISP.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Hide Adverts

• Latest News

Northumberland's public health chief has urged residents to follow the new North East lockdown restrictions with coronavirus 'spreading like wildfire' across the county.
      The tougher rules will come into force from midnight on Wednesday, affecting about two million people across Newcastle, Northumberland, Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Sunderland and County Durham, in a bid to stop the soaring number of Covid-19 cases.
      The new measures will mean that people from different households will be banned under law from mixing indoors in any setting, including pubs or restaurants, and will face fines of up to £6,400 for doing so.
      However, it will not be illegal to meet up with friends from another household in a beer garden – though it will be against public health advice to do so.
      Latest figures revealed all seven authority areas in the region have recorded an increase with cases up 79% to 2998 in the week leading to September 25 from 1324 in the previous seven days.
      The number of Covid-19 cases in Northumberland more than doubled to 450 in the same week – the equivalent of 139.6 cases per 100,000 people. This is up from 196 cases (60.8) in the week previous.

• Latest Topics