Fibre Optic Broadband Arrives In Bedlington

Andy Millne

FTTC currently has a top speed of 40Mbps although BT promised to double that to around 80Mbps next year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-15180835

Lithuania leads the European FTTP ranking with 26.6% of households subscribing to the technology, followed by Norway, Sweden, Slovenia, Russia, Slovakia, Latvia, Bulgaria, Estonia and Denmark, in that order. Each of the top ten FTTP nations has a penetration rate of at least 6%.

Maybe we should be considering a move to technologically advanced Bulgaria?

• 3 months later...

Dependent on speeds you already have on ADSL and the fair usage policy you tend to pay about £15-£20 for up to 20Mbps with uncapped usage so it's not too bad. I had the opportunity for it but went with Be* initially and will probably go infinity in August when my contract is up. Thought I would let BT get rid of any teething issues which they would inevitably have (or not as the case may be).

• 4 weeks later...

It's going to be available to anyonr that currenty has the option of FTTC....the more relevant question is how much your willing to pay for 300Mbps as it will be on demand.

I know for sure that 80/15 would be suffice without opting to pay for different cables to the house.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats just shocking, 60mb down and 20 up ^^. If u don't mind me asking which part of bedington are you in?

atm i'm a little bit annoyed with BT as they won't give me fttc in my area even though the exchange has it, and no idea when they are going to upgade my cab so we can have the fttc.

Front Street East.

Where are you, station?

I personally am waiting for other FTTC providers to come into the area as I can't stand BT. It shouldn't be too long before we can get service from another ISP.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now