Cctv At Bennie's

Merlin

Did you know that Bennies have installed CCTV and listening devices in the sixth form common room! To say I am not happy about this is an understatement. This was brought to my attention by my daughter. Now, at a time when we as parents are BANNED from photographing or videoing our kids at school functions such as nativity plays or any other event, by HSE and Do-Gooders because of, now how do I put this,...PERVERTS! So, Basically, what they are saying is that parents can't watch their children but it's ok for teachers and cctv operators to watch, listen and PERV at our children! WHAT! I DON'T !*!@# THINK SO!

I have told my daughter to boycott the common room and tell her school mates to do the same, and to find somewhere else to meet in school and if any of the teachers say anything to them about not using the common room, to point them in my direction! I know for a fact that this is wrong and am seeking legal advice!

Did you know that Bennies have installed CCTV and listening devices in the sixth form common room! To say I am not happy about this is an understatement. This was brought to my attention by my daughter. Now, at a time when we as parents are BANNED from photographing or videoing our kids at school functions such as nativity plays or any other event, by HSE and Do-Gooders because of, now how do I put this,...PERVERTS! So, Basically, what they are saying is that parents can't watch their children but it's ok for teachers and cctv operators to watch, listen and PERV at our children! WHAT! I DON'T !*!@# THINK SO!

I have told my daughter to boycott the common room and tell her school mates to do the same, and to find somewhere else to meet in school and if any of the teachers say anything to them about not using the common room, to point them in my direction! I know for a fact that this is wrong and am seeking legal advice!

This is an interesting read Merlin

http://www.atl.org.uk/help-and-advice/school-and-college/CCTV.asp

they introduced this whilst I was in sixth form (Not at Bennies) and it was a way of the teachers keeping an eye on the behaviour as people were shaking the vending machines to get free food and damaging property. Im sure that if there were enough pupils who refused to be filmed then they would have no choice but to take it down. It's not a public place so they shouldn't be allowed to film without permission.

Edited by Brettly

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now