Market Tavern.. Car Park

normaL

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently its true Norma, according to the Pub Events post.

I think it's disgusting, when pub is not open, I've heard, even P. Mews were done, well 1 of their vehicles, was

Lets face it, presto's car park is big enough, never found a lack of spaces there! Shouldn't have to park in tavern car park, (don't think I would anyway for fear of vandals).

However I don't think the Tavern is doing itself any favours, I agree with Pete and his customer relations comment. The tavern is coming across as isolating itself. After all, I doubt the car park is heaving with customer's cars.

Lets face it, presto's car park is big enough, never found a lack of spaces there! Shouldn't have to park in tavern car park, (don't think I would anyway for fear of vandals).

However I don't think the Tavern is doing itself any favours, I agree with Pete and his customer relations comment. The tavern is coming across as isolating itself. After all, I doubt the car park is heaving with customer's cars.

i think its disgusting if its true...

me personally, i find i often travel to pubs to see friends in the car, intending to only have non alcoholic beverages.

more often than not, i end up having a swift half, that leads to a swift 12 pints...

the car gets left in the safety of the car park.

if theirs a chance of a fine, in my intoxicated state i might deduce that the risk of getting caught drink driving may be less of a risk than getting clamped, and on the way home mow down some poor unfortunate person.

i wonder how the owners will feel if that person is close to them, and if they can live with the knowledge that, although 99% of the falt would lie with me for being so bliddy stupid, perhaps some of the other 1% may lie with them for forcing me to move my car after visiting a premisis that mainly serves alcohol....

i think i would prefer my carpark filled with sensible peoples cars overnight, rather than lie awake wondering if i forced a drunk to drive.

however, as i know the owners, even tho only briefly, i am very supprised if this is the case...

they seem a very level headed bunch that would only take action on repeat, prolific offenders...but like i say, i dont know any facts, just wanted my opinion accross.

Some of the pubs in Leicester have clamping on their car parks but only when the pub is closed, some of the pubs in the county charge but this is refundable when you buy a drink.

Have you got your car back Denzel?

Nah, stupid sods told me I hadn't given them the go-ahead to do the work when I rang them on Monday. I was most annoyed at this revelation so said to the bloke, 'course I didn't give you the go-ahead, I had it sent there so you could look after it for me'.

Nah, stupid sods told me I hadn't given them the go-ahead to do the work when I rang them on Monday. I was most annoyed at this revelation so said to the bloke, 'course I didn't give you the go-ahead, I had it sent there so you could look after it for me'.

:D:D:D:D

So the Custard pie's still in Derby.

Right let me set you all straight at why we have employed a-covert security to deal with our car park....it all started when my boss asked a woman if she could move away from the cellar doors as we were gettin our deliveries any minute now. she said no u cant im afraid its my land, my car park and all i want u to do is move out of the way of the doors. she said no and then got out her car and went away. If the vans or whatever for the draught cannot get to the cellar doors they cannot deliver draught so therefore what do we do??also people take the piss parking in the car park and then we cant get in with our cars so hows that fair???We have started serving meals now and have been quite busy and if patrons cannot get into our car park then where are they going to park, yet people who shop at somerfield are parking in our car park so they can go in there.

Exactly the same if sum1 parked in your drive and u cudnt get ur car in, what wud u say.ah well park there if u want mate doesnt matter, even though i need to be in MY drive,no bother.

DONT THINK SO!!! think people who dont work in a pub forget that people have to live there and have to be able to get deliveries in in order to run their business.

Can gurantee that the tavern is gettin busy at the wkends and we normally hav the most customers in our pub than any other in bedlington coz they come into watch our live music and drink gud beer!!!

people are allowed to park in car park if they are coming into the pub, thats why the signs say patrons only

the other day why the pub was shut is because we have been refurbished and trying to get everything sorted in order to serve meals, now the pub is open 11.30am till 12am

Right let me set you all straight at why we have employed a-covert security to deal with our car park....it all started when my boss asked a woman if she could move away from the cellar doors as we were gettin our deliveries any minute now. she said no u cant im afraid its my land, my car park and all i want u to do is move out of the way of the doors. she said no and then got out her car and went away. If the vans or whatever for the draught cannot get to the cellar doors they cannot deliver draught so therefore what do we do??also people take the piss parking in the car park and then we cant get in with our cars so hows that fair???We have started serving meals now and have been quite busy and if patrons cannot get into our car park then where are they going to park, yet people who shop at somerfield are parking in our car park so they can go in there.

Exactly the same if sum1 parked in your drive and u cudnt get ur car in, what wud u say.ah well park there if u want mate doesnt matter, even though i need to be in MY drive,no bother.

DONT THINK SO!!! think people who dont work in a pub forget that people have to live there and have to be able to get deliveries in in order to run their business.

Can gurantee that the tavern is gettin busy at the wkends and we normally hav the most customers in our pub than any other in bedlington coz they come into watch our live music and drink gud beer!!!

people are allowed to park in car park if they are coming into the pub, thats why the signs say patrons only

the other day why the pub was shut is because we have been refurbished and trying to get everything sorted in order to serve meals, now the pub is open 11.30am till 12am

I can see where your comming from Barlass but all business have to put up with awkward people at times, the case that you have used about the woman who refused to move her car is typicac of todays society unfortunatly, although isolated.

What would have happend if the car that was causing an obstuction had been clamped and the owner refused tp pay the £100 + cost to release it?

Ms Hair makes a good point about Presto's car park theres plenty of room on it and its not far to walk from there to the Tavern so I cant understand why people would want to park on the Tavern car park.

Your right about the beer, the Guiness is excellent, I will try the food next time I am in Bedlington.

:D

I think I've worked out a way around this £125 malarkey.

You park your vehicle in the Tavern car park, to save the legwork involved in walking an extra fifteen yards to buy a fabulous rig-out from Tyches.

As you return from your shopping spree and approach your car, all clamped up, you happen to catch a glance of Barlass and the slavering, unwashed booze-users who get in the Tavern, gawping and a-leering out the window at your plight.

You go into the pub and order a drink. I know, I know, you'd rather not, but you can't make omelettes without breaking eggs.

After forcing down your drink, you buttonhole whoever is behind the bar and say to them "My good lady, would you be so kind as to get your security Johnny to unclamp my car, and make it pronto, Tonto!".

Since you're a patron, they have to release your car and you can walk out of there into the cool, clean air conscious of having fought the good fight and put one over the dark forces of capitalism.

How do you like them apples, eh?

You park your vehicle in the Tavern car park, to save the legwork involved in walking an extra fifteen yards to buy a fabulous rig-out from Tyches.

As you return from your shopping spree and approach your car, all clamped up, you happen to catch a glance of Barlass and the slavering, unwashed booze-users who get in the Tavern, gawping and a-leering out the window at your plight.

You go into the pub and order a drink. I know, I know, you'd rather not, but you can't make omelettes without breaking eggs.

After forcing down your drink, you buttonhole whoever is behind the bar and say to them "My good lady, would you be so kind as to get your security Johnny to unclamp my car, and make it pronto, Tonto!".

Since you're a patron, they have to release your car and you can walk out of there into the cool, clean air conscious of having fought the good fight and put one over the dark forces of capitalism.

Exellent stuff

:D:D

:D

Chill oot bar lass. I don't think they should park in your car park either. I always park in prestos. But these strong dray men should be able to roll the barrels a few yards if there is a car in the way! There was no access to the cellar in the bar I used to work in in Tenerife except from across a busy shopping precinct, through the pub and down some broken down wooden stairs. English drayspeople have it too easy!

One last thought on the matter, imagine if they build on the big car park, (I've heard rumours of it,) then you'll know what parking problems are.