Website Update

Which posts are you referring to? Nothing should have changed in that regard. There have always been some forums that require approval to post in, such as the announcements forum.

Keiths last post re ignorant tourists in Northumberland Chat. If I go to reply it says it will not be posted until it has been checked by a moderator

That's likely because you weren't logged in. The Northumberland Chat Forum is special in that it allows posts from non-members. If you haven't logged in your post will require approval, if you have it won't. It has been that way for a long time.

I am blank most of the time foxy but I have put a pic on my avatar now..........

Normally if a posting needs approval it comes up in red on the mod screens and one of us has to approve it but as GGGG says thats in the announcements section not the chat forums? I have never seen one auto flagged in the chat sections.

Moderators can bypass queues. Northumberland chat is working normally, posts in there require approval regardless of whether you are a guest or member.

For avatars, the new version of the software has done away with the distintion between Avatars and Profile Photos as the concept was confusing. There is now only a single profile photo which appears everywhere. It does mean however that some people will need to re-add their photos.

The green strip is normal. Whereas before you would get no warning that posts in that forum need approval now there is a note. This is to prevent people wondering why their post does not immediately show in that forum once it is submitted.

The edit facility seems to be not working , I realised a mistake straight away with the above post and tried to replace the word moderator with avatar and it did not work.......... maybe I broke it , oops

I just logged in as you and was able to edit, what specifically is not working when you try, what happens? Do you get any error message?

The green strip is normal. Whereas before you would get no warning that posts in that forum need approval now there is a note. This is to prevent people wondering why their post does not immediately show in that forum once it is submitted.

I just logged in as you and was able to edit, what specifically is not working when you try, what happens? Do you get any error message?

clicked the edit button, changed the word moderator to avatar, clicked saved changes button and notthing happened, Did all this immediately after posting as I realised the mistake so nobody had the chance to read it .

clicked the edit button, changed the word moderator to avatar, clicked saved changes button and notthing happened.

Is it repeatable? If you try and edit a post now does the same thing happen?

I love tracking these down. When you can't reproduce a problem it takes much longer to identify. I have more questions unfortunately. Which browser are you using? Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari etc? and which version number?

Can you please also try pressing ctrl+F5? That will ensure you have the latest copies of any javascript being used. It is possible you still have cached copies from the old version.

Is anybody else having problems editing?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now