Bedlington Heritage Fair

Merlin

If it was Muslim Day, Gay rights day, Bin Laden 'Bomb every white man day' or Shag the Cabbage day HSE would dive for cover and allow these people to get on with it because they can't go against the PC brigade or the F.....G DO-F.....G-GOODERS! But when ordinary people want to help others to have a bit of fun on ONE day of the year, they are there, rearing their ugly heads. FFS! Get these people HERE to tell us to our faces, WHY we can't get on with having a bit of fun, have some happiness and create memories for our children! I could not tire of kicking these people, who are they anyway? Do they have a life? Am booncin on me chair, let me meet these people, PLEASE PLEASE let me meet these people, I have got to meet these people! Let them tell me to my face why we are NOT allowed to enjoy ourselves unless we have some perverse ideas for a 'FAMILY' day out!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Melin dear,............. is something upsetting you?

If it was Muslim Day, Gay rights day, Bin Laden 'Bomb every white man day' or Shag the Cabbage day HSE would dive for cover and allow these people to get on with it because they can't go against the PC brigade or the F.....G DO-F.....G-GOODERS! But when ordinary people want to help others to have a bit of fun on ONE day of the year, they are there, rearing their ugly heads. FFS! Get these people HERE to tell us to our faces, WHY we can't get on with having a bit of fun, have some happiness and create memories for our children! I could not tire of kicking these people, who are they anyway? Do they have a life? Am booncin on me chair, let me meet these people, PLEASE PLEASE let me meet these people, I have got to meet these people! Let them tell me to my face why we are NOT allowed to enjoy ourselves unless we have some perverse ideas for a 'FAMILY' day out!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

I am with Merlin on this one .

I am with Merlin on this one .

I just cannot get my head around this Brian, I am at a complete loss! I think I may be taking this too seriously, I think I am the only one who cares and the only one to put into words what I think. People keep telling me, you can't say this or you can't say that, because it's not the way to get things done! But I keep asking myself, WHY? Do people not understand the TRUTH or do they not want to hear the TRUTH, and why should I conform to the way that other people believe to be the right way! I speak my mind and speak as I see, if people don't like it, then tough! Is that so wrong?

Well if everyone is of the same opinion why not take the next step and actually try and do something about it? All anyone has to do is join a community group which is committed to tackling this stuff head on.

Good start would be:

Friends of Gallagher Park, meeting at East Bedlington Residents Association, 6.30pm Monday 5th September.

And/or

Bedlington Forum, meeting at the Salvation Army building, 6.30pm, Tuesday 6th September.

cramlington town council is getting cramlington fair back on its feet so why car'nt bedlington get its finger out. i enjoyed my child hood looking foward to (bedlington picnic) until it was took to ashington & a lot more things that went on in bedlington the young ones today have nothing to look foward to these days or do we let bedlington become the forgotten town

Millie, Bedlington is already THE forgotten Town, and it's not only about our kids having something to look forward to, but as I said the memories! Our kids will not have any memories, other than drinking on the black path or in the woods behind the cop shop. We need to go ahead with any plans we have to enjoy ourselves and give our kids the memories and worry about HSE later, no not worry, just tell the b......s to do one and stick their noses where the sun don't shine! If they don't like it, then tell them to go ahead and do us, once it's done, it's done! If they realise they can't stop us, they will move on to the next un-expecting mugs to try and justify their jobs! Like the Cooncil, we need to tell all interfering do-gooding b......s to mind their own bloody business!

• Like 1

Millie, Bedlington is already THE forgotten Town, and it's not only about our kids having something to look forward to, but as I said the memories! Our kids will not have any memories, other than drinking on the black path or in the woods behind the cop shop. We need to go ahead with any plans we have to enjoy ourselves and give our kids the memories and worry about HSE later, no not worry, just tell the b......s to do one and stick their noses where the sun don't shine! If they don't like it, then tell them to go ahead and do us, once it's done, it's done! If they realise they can't stop us, they will move on to the next un-expecting mugs to try and justify their jobs! Like the Cooncil, we need to tell all interfering do-gooding b......s to mind their own bloody business!

Well said Merlin, agree 100%, espeacially the last bit.

We could act under Article 61 of the Magna Carta!

Under article 61 of Magna Carta 1215 AD we have a right to enter into lawful rebellion if we feel we are being governed unjustly. I think we have to petition the monarch first but if nothing to correct it occurs within 40 days we can start to act in ways which would probably be deemed unlawful but under constitutional law we certainly have the right if not the duty to do!

Before anyone says there isn't an Article 61 it is only a common usage term for the whole document.

• 2 weeks later...

BUT . . . we're all preaching to the converted! All in this discussion are in agreement, but until some excitement is generated among the general public (thousands of whom won't even know of this website), nothing will happen. Folks can't be expected to seek out information in which they have little interest in the first place. Giant posters and front-page newspaper advertising might eventually have an effect if it is brash and persistent enough.

• 4 weeks later...

I want to use this guide to promote the Town so what about a competition to see the most innovative place we can get one displayed?

I will be sending the second one, especially, to people I know all over the world and asking them to print it out and put it up somewhere then take a picture of it. We can then post the pictures to this thread.

Bottle of plonk to the best one!

Remember this post................well...........

Send it around your contacts, I want it to go VIRAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now