Pubs

Pete

Does anybody remember the discotheque that was in Cregsies (Railway Tavern) early sixties? The lights made your beer look the colour of sump oil and your black suit looked like it was covered in white flecks, your white shirt turned a bluey green and the music from the duke box was like somthing out of this world (well it was in them days anyway). All of the fights took place on the mud covered car park to the right of the pub as you look at it, Good times.

Was the Maket Tavern's real name the Howard Arms or have I got that wrong?

• 2 years later...
Does anybody remember the discotheque that was in Cregsies (Railway Tavern) early sixties? The lights made your beer look the colour of sump oil and your black suit looked like it was covered in white flecks, your white shirt turned a bluey green and the music from the duke box was like somthing out of this world (well it was in them days anyway). All of the fights took place on the mud covered car park to the right of the pub as you look at it, Good times.

For sure i remember the Disc as we called it in the sixties. Loved the place,i used to hang out with the guy's in their for a magical year. It was in there i first saw this great looking lass fom Blyth, later that night i was walking her home from the clayton dance hall. We have been married for over 40 years now,so thank you Disc. Sad it did ot last very long, but then many things have changed in Bedlington over the years, not always for the better.

I remember crossing the road to avoid the 'teds' hanging outside on my way to the snooker hall, if we couldn't get a table there we went to the 'tute behind South Row. I had 2 bob pocket money, one for the table and 11d for 5 Woodbine. :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now