Buying Advice For Velcro Product

this is going to seem a bit daft, but i've seen something similer and i cant find anything like it.

What i want is a velcro "chap" type thing to go around my calfs, so about 12 inches in width, and long enough to wrap all the way round my leg.

The keywords i'm using to search are not bringing much back.

What its for: I am a diver, using a neoprene drysuit. i'm finding, when i go slightly inverted to inspect something on the sea bed, that what little air i have in the suit goes to my feet, and makes a baloon type effect in my calfs, making it hard to swim until i right myself properly. My buddy has elasticated 'chaps' that has a velcro fastner which solves the problem, but he got his from another buddy, who got them from another buddy.... yo can see where i'm going with this.

I can find equestrian chaps that look exactly what i'm after, only they are leather, and i need them to be made of fabric, preferably elasticated fabric. The sea would ruin leather ones in a matter of days.

Any help?

like that, but not.

Basically i want a 12" square piece of elasticated cloth with adjustable velcro fastners. a square of velcro, with hooks on one side and the wool on the other would do the job!

Thank you for looking so far tho.

The position of the main pad on the first link is the area i want to cover, just without the pad, and the ability to make it really tight.

I know from experience those pads dont hold things tight enough for what i'm after.

like that, but not.

Basically i want a 12" square piece of elasticated cloth with adjustable velcro fastners. a square of velcro, with hooks on one side and the wool on the other would do the job!

Thank you for looking so far tho.

The position of the main pad on the first link is the area i want to cover, just without the pad, and the ability to make it really tight.

I know from experience those pads dont hold things tight enough for what i'm after.

I bet they would be easy enough to make Mr.D. I know the Mrs got some fabric chaps for our daughter fro Keith Muter on the Barrington road. They have velcro fastenings.

Just an afterthought, have you tried Go Outdoors at Westerhope. They seem to stock pretty much everything and there may be some walking/hiking chaps that may be of some good, or adaptable

Edited by keith

• 2 weeks later...

this is going to seem a bit daft, but i've seen something similer and i cant find anything like it.

What i want is a velcro "chap" type thing to go around my calfs, so about 12 inches in width, and long enough to wrap all the way round my leg.

The keywords i'm using to search are not bringing much back.

What its for: I am a diver, using a neoprene drysuit. i'm finding, when i go slightly inverted to inspect something on the sea bed, that what little air i have in the suit goes to my feet, and makes a baloon type effect in my calfs, making it hard to swim until i right myself properly. My buddy has elasticated 'chaps' that has a velcro fastner which solves the problem, but he got his from another buddy, who got them from another buddy.... yo can see where i'm going with this.

I can find equestrian chaps that look exactly what i'm after, only they are leather, and i need them to be made of fabric, preferably elasticated fabric. The sea would ruin leather ones in a matter of days.

Any help?

Darnie, there's a simple answer to this, Stop FARTING in ya dry suit :dribble: :dribble:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now