Bedlington Station

I am more with PAWS, it’s no good hiding even our smallest lights under a bush. Get them out there and start shouting about them.

Without a deep integrated community network any single group has to rely on a substantial PR exercise to get their message out. I do think this web site can and will be the digital network needed but it has to be part of a total solution.

That I do fully agree with but with PR comes a substantial amount of time and money which most people can't spare. There are a select few as proven who will commit there time to benefit the community but it's getting the people who don't feel as if they are part of the community to spend some time in it and about it.

but it's getting the people who don't feel as if they are part of the community to spend some time in it and about it.

That's my point. Rather than hoping that people will put themselves out to seek information, it has to slap them in the face in the biggest way possible. That's why TV advertising is so successful - it's there all the time. We can't afford that, but it can still be done.

Edited by P.A.W.S.

On which topic, the same can be said for last week's Heritage Open Day(s) and Portrait Bench unveiling in Gallagher Park. The former were said to have been a success (thanks more to St Cuthberts' own poster campaign then anything, I suspect), but the latter was attended only by those few directly involved in the event itself; members of the general public were largely unaware of what was happening (probably still are), yet they are the ones who need to be drawn in.

Regeneration will never happen if initiatives are buried in - I'm sorry to say it - little-used web sites and the insides of a local paper.

I could go on, but won't.

You seem to be generalising here.I was at the event and met people like myself who were not directly involved.

I think the question should be, how did you know about it then Foxy?

You already know the answer to that one Malcolm, but getting back to my pet subject,the "In" place to advertise at the moment seems to be ELLIOTS GARAGE. Don't know if the owner is being paid or if the Moskow State Circus has just stuck their posters up there without permission but it's time the council got their fingers out and sorted it out. Moskow State Circus just about sums up County Hall.

You already know the answer to that one Malcolm, but getting back to my pet subject,the "In" place to advertise at the moment seems to be ELLIOTS GARAGE. Don't know if the owner is being paid or if the Moskow State Circus has just stuck their posters up there without permission but it's time the council got their fingers out and sorted it out. Moskow State Circus just about sums up County Hall.

Just to add to the previous post,these posters are in the same conservation area where private home owners are being told what they can and cannot do to their own properties.

Yep, totally agree, County Hall is full of clowns talking undecipherable (what a bloody word, is the spelling right?) jibberish, but they still manage to make people laugh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now