Ian Bell Motorcycles

I was lucky enough to visit an open day at Ian Bell motorcycles today and was so impressed with the shop that I feel it deserves a mention on the Bedlington Website.It is good to see a local Business do well, but this one is a credit to the town. The whole set up is so professionly run and laid out,the management and staff should be commended. Apart from Isle of Man TT riders and winners being in attendance there was refreshments and free prize draws available with plenty good crack thrown in! Well done Ian and all the staff.

I was lucky enough to visit an open day at Ian Bell motorcycles today and was so impressed with the shop that I feel it deserves a mention on the Bedlington Website.It is good to see a local Business do well, but this one is a credit to the town. The whole set up is so professionly run and laid out,the management and staff should be commended. Apart from Isle of Man TT riders and winners being in attendance there was refreshments and free prize draws available with plenty good crack thrown in! Well done Ian and all the staff.

There seemed to be plenty there Foxy. I intended to go but as it happened I had other things to do at home, but it was nice to see that they had a good turn out. Ian Bell is one of the major Yamaha dealers in the U.K. and that alone is down to shear hard work, you are absolutely right the business is a credit to Bedlington.

Edited by keith

There seemed to be plenty there Foxy. I intended to go but as it happened I had other things to do at home, but it was nice to see that they had a good turn out. Ian Bell is one of the major Yamaha dealers in the U.K. and that alone is down to shear hard work, you are absolutely right the business is a credit to Bedlington.

I agree and to achieve Premier status at a site which is really on a rat run from the Station to the Top End is quite an achievement.

• 2 years later...

Aye,but yi see,why Ian and his team are a massive success,is ,cos when yi gaan in,even just ti browse aroond thi bikes,Ian,or Ron,[if Ian's busy],will treat yi as if YE were thi ownly customer they had.THAT'S the secret ti daeing gud business,aa think,an aaa knaa from porsinal experience!

Aam a born-again-er,after being off thi wheels for 46yeors,and BOTH thi lads went oot their way ti mek me feel comfortable in the shop,and on me forst bike,after aal them yeors....[a used ti deal wi Ian's Dad in thi 60's...a lang time ago!

So yes,a BIG congratulations ti Ian and aal the staff for putting Bedltn on the biking map,both as a

businessman,and a race-winner,alang wi Carl,his Son.

• 2 years later...

There has been lots of calls for a "ride in his honour" on Facebook, with a recent date set being retracted till the family decide what they want to do.

Whilst lots of people signed up for the unofficial date, it has now been taken down.

Should anything be organised within the groups I'm in, I'll try to remember to update the people here who are not following the biker groups, so you have the chance to attend either on a bike, or to watch as they go by.

I'm sure it'll be quite a day if the family do decide to allow it officially, when they are feeling up to it.

Whilst it is a terrible tragedy, The man went out doing what he loved. Not many of us will have the opportunity to say they lived life to the full when the reaper comes for them, like this man can.

Either way, It was still too soon, and my thoughts go out to his family, especially his son, who will undoubtedly be inconsolable right now.

• Like 1

Hi Chris!

If a ride-by in Honour of Ian does happen,please post details here,so I can be there.

It would be a fitting tribute to a smashing jovial,well-liked and respected lad,who will be sadly missed.

I still can't take it in yet,my heart goes out to his Wife and Family.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now