BBC & Sky To Broadcast F1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

The BBC and Sky Sports will broadcast Formula 1 in the UK between 2012 and 2018 under a new rights deal.

The BBC has been the exclusive broadcaster of F1 in the UK since 2009 but its contract with Formula One Management was due to expire after the 2013 season.

Sky Sports will show every race, qualifying session and practice live.

BBC Sport will broadcast half the races live, as well as the qualifying and practice sessions from those races.

Both companies will broadcast in high definition.

Races screened by the BBC will be live on the BBC Sport website for UK users.

The BBC will have highlights on TV, online and mobile for any race it is not showing live, and all races will be broadcast on BBC Radio 5 live.

Stupid deal, what is the point of only having half the races, might as well not have any because if you are in to F1 you will have to pay for SKY for their exclusive races so you might as well watch them all on their.

I for one, won't be paying for Sky Sports or Sky for that matter to watch the F1 so my Saturdays and Sundays are going to be alot more productive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9550930.stm

Stupid deal, what is the point of only having half the races, might as well not have any because if you are in to F1 you will have to pay for SKY for their exclusive races so you might as well watch them all on their.

I for one, won't be paying for Sky Sports or Sky for that matter to watch the F1 so my Saturdays and Sundays are going to be alot more productive.

Pity you had'nt let it run,the next track blows your mind after Wetherspoons!

I'm not sure about that; the BBC will be showing all the races, albeit some in highlight form - the details of which are yet to be explained - and not live. Given the time difference to the asian races - which will be among the non-live offerings - many people watch the re-run nyway rather than get up in the middle of the night. I can't see this deal lasting until 2018, however.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now