Amy Winehouse

threegee

...is likely to be a person who was in contact with her, but who chose to do nothing!

The signs were all there a couple of short weeks ago. How many times has this happened before, and how many more times will it happen again?

Amy only needed one true friend, and in the final countdown she had none! So take those tinsel-town tributes and file them in the WPB; if you knew her at all you should a least acknowledge her demise with a respectful silence.

...is likely to be a person who was in contact with her, but who chose to do nothing!

The signs were all there a couple of short weeks ago. How many times has this happened before, and how many more times will it happen again?

Amy only needed one true friend, and in the final countdown she had none! So take those tinsel-town tributes and file them in the WPB; if you knew her at all you should a least acknowledge her demise with a respectful silence.

Had Amy Winehouse not been in the public eye, this would just be another smackhead getting exactly what she deserves. Like any other substance/alcohol abuser who's life has ended this way, she has left a family behind who, I expect will be absolutely devastated. She is no different from those who take these family and life wrecking drugs while living on the streets or in some seedy squat, those people too have a family [well most of them] who have been torn apart by the evils of heroin and crack cocaine. Amy Winehouse was an incredibly talented singer with a lifetime of fame and success ahead of her, it was she who chose to live the life she did. My sympathies today tend to lay with the parents of those poor unfortunate kids camping in Norway, NOW THAT TRULY IS A TRAGEDY. Amy Winehouse had a choice, those Norwegian kids did not.

Had Amy Winehouse not been in the public eye, this would just be another smackhead getting exactly what she deserves. Like any other substance/alcohol abuser who's life has ended this way, she has left a family behind who, I expect will be absolutely devastated. She is no different from those who take these family and life wrecking drugs while living on the streets or in some seedy squat, those people too have a family [well most of them] who have been torn apart by the evils of heroin and crack cocaine. Amy Winehouse was an incredibly talented singer with a lifetime of fame and success ahead of her, it was she who chose to live the life she did. My sympathies today tend to lay with the parents of those poor unfortunate kids camping in Norway, NOW THAT TRULY IS A TRAGEDY. Amy Winehouse had a choice, those Norwegian kids did not.

While the sentiment of this post is spot on - the Norway event certainly was a tragedy - I think the opening sentence needs a little more thinking about. Not disagreeing with you Keith - I have no sympathy for those who choose to ruin their lives in such a fashion - but I would hasten to add that had Amy Winehouse NOT been in the public eye, and led a simple ordinary life like the rest of us with a boring, mundane nine to five job, the chances are she would not have been in the situation that ended her tragically short life. I agree with the original poster who commented on those who, in her immediate circle, did nothing; nearly always it is those surrounded by the wrong people who end up dead like this. Yes, she had a choice, but so did all in her close circle.

• 5 weeks later...

I know I am a bit of a political anorak but Amy's toxicology results released 23rd Aug after her death on the 26th July.

Compare……….

Christopher Shale died in a portaloo at a rock concert on 23rd June and still we haven't got his toxicology results.

One is a pop singer addict the other a close personal friend of the PM and leading member of his political party.

Far be it from me to shout conspiracy theory …………… but certainly double standards on something which might be hugely embarrassing to the PM and his Party!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now