Even On Here

Not so long ago we the people of Bedlington called for a leisure centre, in short we were told there was nowhere to build it and anyway there was no money available! :whistle: Ashington leisure centre was falling down,as such so was Newbiggin leisure centre and user figures were abysmal. NCC also announced the closure of libraries, with the excuse of cost yet again! All fine and dandy! Yes! OK!

NOT SO! £20 million pound earmarked for new leisure centre and library in A-shi-ton :wtf: Along with £10 million pound for SAND at Newbiggin-by-the-sewer and umpteen millions for those God forsaken couple stuck in Newbiggin bay, which they got second hand because some other cooncil didn't want them (TRUE)That's at least £30 million spent for Ash-it-on and Newbiggin-by-the-sewer. Money spent for Bedlington, ZERO, ZILCH !*!@# NOTHING!

BY the way this was announced weeks ago and the only one who had the balls to say anything about it was our good friend Malcolm Robinson! I've let it rest to see if anyone else would say anything, but alas not so, I gather from this, that, you all couldn't give a flying gnat's !*!@# hair about how we the people of Bedlington are !*!@# over by our supposed friends, who want our votes at ERECTION time and no that is not a spelling mistake! WELL DONE PEOPLE! You should be proud of yourselves. :dribble: :dribble:

• Like 2

By you're in a fine fettle Merlin, good to have you back!

I agree what you are saying and if you look closer at the figures there would seem even more reason to be annoyed. I could easily take pot shots at all sections of government, national, county even local, 40 years of having our needs and aspirations ignored has left a legacy of broken promises and an infinite list of grievances! BUT…….

Leaving all past history aside it is time to be far more proactive as a community and start working towards and demanding the improvements we want for our Town. There are now community groups in place starting to do that and others like County Church and their Community Hub which are more quietly going about it. If no one else is going to do it we will have to do it for ourselves!

What everyone one of them needs is community support because they have to show they are only promoting the needs and ambitions of a progressive community. (So get your backside back onto the Gallagher Park thread and list some ideas you might have for that area. No one is making any promises other than every suggestion will go into the mix and hopefully produce a sensible and achievable master plan for developing the Park.)

BTW, I would like to thank the two people who wrote into the NPL and had their letters published saying they agreed with what I had said. You don't get that very often usually letters are published which disagree with previous ones so I am even more convinced there is a groundswell of opinion out there which recognises our current plight and would like to see something done about it.

Merlin.

Just posted a message on the Synergy thread which might be of interest & I`m sure you will read it as you have done all the others.

Can I remind you of a small group of like minded people who committed themselves to Bedlington almost 3 years ago & are still plugging away with the end nearly in sight.

Good to have you back!

Synergy, it's good to be back, but then I've never really been away! It's just that work leaves me no time to do anything and I MEAN anything :) Every bloody cooncil meeting falls when I am in late shift 3.35 till God knows when. I am absolutely knackered, my family and social life is non existant, I have to escape the camp of the Nipponese masters! :dribble: :dribble: I am only available on alternative Saturdays and every Sunday, but if there is anything you think I can help you with, give me a shout. I'll pm you as to what I can do. OK! Even if I can be of no help to you, I wish you all the luck in your venture!

Naomi, Fishy Feet is closed! What did they expect in good old Bedders Town?

Mr Darn, a tarmac square would be better than the monstrosity of the ill laid, uneven and downright dangerous 'Market' place we have now! How they got away with this is no bodies business. Though a few POUNDS in the right pocket probably helped a great deal!

• Like 1

Naomi, Fishy Feet is closed! What did they expect in good old Bedders Town?

What would they expect anywhere? Such a limited scope business will never be sustainable. It's a waste of a useful shop unit.

• 5 weeks later...

Mr Darn, a tarmac square would be better than the monstrosity of the ill laid, uneven and downright dangerous 'Market' place we have now! How they got away with this is no bodies business. Though a few POUNDS in the right pocket probably helped a great deal!

Not sure they need it Merlin..........

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2011/08/10/taxpayers-foot-120-000-annual-bill-for-northumberland-councillors-pensions-61634-29208130/

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now