Nnnyyyaaaahhhh Idiot Parents

Why in the name of all that is holy do 'responsible adults' insist on trying to show kids how to cross roads by 'NOT' using the provided crossing facility next to the school they are trying to get to ????????

It winds me up that parents are encouraging their kids to cross the road 'next' to the crossing rather than stand 'AT' the crossing and waiting till the 'Green man'

West End parents I'm talking about you !!!! the times I've seen some of them trying to cross without using the 'PROVIDED' crossing is uncountable, let's teach our kis the old Green Cross Code !!

Please let's bring back some common sense !!!

Why in the name of all that is holy do 'responsible adults' insist on trying to show kids how to cross roads by 'NOT' using the provided crossing facility next to the school they are trying to get to ????????

It winds me up that parents are encouraging their kids to cross the road 'next' to the crossing rather than stand 'AT' the crossing and waiting till the 'Green man'

West End parents I'm talking about you !!!! the times I've seen some of them trying to cross without using the 'PROVIDED' crossing is uncountable, let's teach our kis the old Green Cross Code !!

Please let's bring back some common sense !!!

I'll go along with that Andy. Tell you what really gets my back up is the mother with a buggy/pram waiting to cross the road, the mother is standing on the kerb and the buggy/pram is on the road. Presumably, when the buggy dissapears under the wheels of a truck or a bus, the said mother [ because it is obvious that she could not give a !*!@# about the child inside] would regard it as a close call that she was not hurt, then proceed to sue the ass off the driver for her sad loss.

• 1 month later...

As a parent of a child in west end I agree rather than walking an extra 50 yards to use the designated crossing most parents use the "old lollipop man location" opposite St. Bennies, however most people here are actually going to bennies not west end, maybe a case for another designated crossing point? or replacement of the lollipop man?

As a parent of a child in west end I agree rather than walking an extra 50 yards to use the designated crossing most parents use the "old lollipop man location" opposite St. Bennies, however most people here are actually going to bennies not west end, maybe a case for another designated crossing point? or replacement of the lollipop man?

Hi Toffo, it's the West End lot when they cross at the end of the fence at either side of the road, really makes my blood boil. But I hear what you're saying they should all have some common sense.

Hi Andy,

I know where you mean and whole heartedly agree! Maybe West End need to open a parent class for the Green Cross Code!!! :)

Now there's a business idea to get the economy flowing again :) I'm seriously writing to the headmistress to put in in the parentmail, cos it winds me up to see idiotic parents risk lives for the sake of walking a few extra yards to a designated crossing point.

Now there's a business idea to get the economy flowing again :) I'm seriously writing to the headmistress to put in in the parentmail, cos it winds me up to see idiotic parents risk lives for the sake of walking a few extra yards to a designated crossing point.

Give it to Merlin, he'll deliver it for you at home time......... maybe not he might get a smack off an angry granny

• 9 months later...

The entrance to St Benet's is an terrible accident waiting to happen, both teachers and pupil families vehicles, exit from the school when there is a clear sign inside the school entrance clearly stating "NO EXIT" .

Sadly, nothing will change, unless the school wakes up and realises that..... I dread to think.

Actually Hardy this has been highlighted at various NCC Area meetings since early last year when the cycle crossing was supposed to replace the lollipop man (lady now) opposite the St Bennie's entrance.

Merlin submitted a petition last year and Adam's dad has just submitted another one. The Forum fights to keep this on top of the in box list of 'things to do' for NCC. Even the Police have noted their unhappiness with the present arrangement.

There are lots of associated problems which is why a simple solution has never been forthcoming but that's not really our (the community's) problem. The Forum is and will always be concerned with the safety of our children going to and from whichever school and really monetary considerations should be secondary to that!

I will mention one gem of an answer NCC gave to a recent question.

We spoke about how buses have to either cut the footpath or cross into incoming traffic to make the turn and as larger buses are going to be using this entrance that problem must get worse. Adam's old man actually saw a near miss there and that prompted him to look into turning circles of buses etc. so we now have all the necessary technical information to back up our claims. One possible answer suggested by NCC was to put a post on the footpath to protect pedestrians. I suggested putting it on the corner and a nice big one, well concreted in, at that. NCC said they couldn't do that because the buses couldn't make the turn if they did. Which in my jaundiced view means NCC are well aware the buses regularly go over the footpath when turning in and so jeopardise pedestrian safety!

The entrance to St Benet's is an terrible accident waiting to happen, both teachers and pupil families vehicles, exit from the school when there is a clear sign inside the school entrance clearly stating "NO EXIT" .

Sadly, nothing will change, unless the school wakes up and realises that..... I dread to think.

Has anyone noticed the "lollipop lady" has now moved from bennies enterance to down beside the christian fellowship, so there is now no "lollipop lady" at bennies enterance.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now