We recently purchased our meat at Don Lynns, the local butchers and I was really pleased to get good quality meat for the same cost as the supermarket. We r now shopping there each week. Great service.

Edited by outsider
  • Like 1

We have been boycotting Asda for sometime now, still have to go in for certain things but our main shop is done locally so that money is going to local producers for nicer food.

Up the revolution and all that.

• Like 1

Outsider, Don Lynn is an excellent butcher and like all the local butchers they need supporting.

Brettly, Thats the way, We use ASDA on occasion to buy kids clothes etc. or maybe the odd shop, we get all our meat from Bobby Cowells at Bedlington Station another excellent butcher. Do me a favour, ditch that logo, its sending m e i n t o aaaaaaa t r aaaaaanzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

We go to Herons Freezer shop in Ashtoon for biscwits and general rubbish for the bairns cupboard but use Laidlers in Delaval for our fruit and veg. Loads of the stuff is locally sourced and cheap as chips.

Currently got cucumbers, courgettes, tomatoes, strawberries and got some potatoes and onions on the way in the back garden too. Even if it saves us a little bit a week by using the home stuff it's better than giving it to Wal Mart.

We go to Herons Freezer shop in Ashtoon for biscwits and general rubbish for the bairns cupboard but use Laidlers in Delaval for our fruit and veg. Loads of the stuff is locally sourced and cheap as chips.

Currently got cucumbers, courgettes, tomatoes, strawberries and got some potatoes and onions on the way in the back garden too. Even if it saves us a little bit a week by using the home stuff it's better than giving it to Wal Mart.

We go to laidlers for some stuff,not all is local though. Spuds from Lincolnshire and beyond for instance. But will agree they are cheep.

Just wondered if any of you have stumbled across www.thevegboxcompany.co.uk yet. They are a fairly new company set up in Bedlington that delivers a selection of fruit , veg and eggs to your door on a regular basis. Its all in season stuff and is quite reasonable prices. I have not tried them myself yet due to the fact I couldn't be in when they deliver (saturdays) but the comments they are getting on facebook about their service is really good. If anyone has had stuff from them please let the rest of us know what they are like. thanks. x

Just wondered if any of you have stumbled across www.thevegboxcompany.co.uk yet. They are a fairly new company set up in Bedlington that delivers a selection of fruit , veg and eggs to your door on a regular basis. Its all in season stuff and is quite reasonable prices. I have not tried them myself yet due to the fact I couldn't be in when they deliver (saturdays) but the comments they are getting on facebook about their service is really good. If anyone has had stuff from them please let the rest of us know what they are like. thanks. x

Yep, Cherry has made us all aware of their existence, not heard from her for a while though.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now