Sebastian's At The Millfield

My good lady and I had a delightful meal in this recently opened Italian Restaurant above The Millfield and can strongly recommend the place if you want a good meal in nice surroundings. We will most certainly be going back again and again.....

• 3 weeks later...

I agree. We went for a meal and it was good value and pleasant. 2 drinks each, a shared starter and main course each for around £30. The only thing is I think they still have a few issues re service. Lots of staff but they don't seem to know what they're doing apart from the bloke. Give it a try and post what you think. I'd be interested to see how others have found it.

• 5 weeks later...

I agree. We went for a meal and it was good value and pleasant. 2 drinks each, a shared starter and main course each for around £30. The only thing is I think they still have a few issues re service. Lots of staff but they don't seem to know what they're doing apart from the bloke. Give it a try and post what you think. I'd be interested to see how others have found it.

• 3 months later...

The Chef is on holiday - reopening in about 3 weeks

They took my wifes weekly reservation for a week past Thursday night and the place was locked up when she and her mates got there.so lets hope they have good weather while on holiday! Can't see the wife wanting to take a chance booking here again.

Edited by foxy

went for a meal the other night it was closed not a good way to operate a business ...............

Understatement Brian - you came a long way for it, too! I would write and ask them for your travelk expenses refunded.......

post-23-0-83433400-1318408975_thumb.jpg

Whats wrong with fish n chips oot the paper Brian? You can even stand undercover in the subway eating them! :dj:

Would it be safe to eat the fish and chips in the subway can you guarantee our safety Mal ?

Hi everyone.

Just a note to inform everyone on what's actually happening to the place:

The guy renting the building from us left on short notice due to problems unforeseen and the pub will be reopening and being operated by the owners in 2 weeks time(hopefully). Sorry for any problems you have had in trying to book meals and i'm sure it will be back and better than ever before in a short time.

I'll keep you all informed.

Thanks

Edited by TheMillfield
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I notice from the large signboard outside that the new place is going to be called La Torres - billed as an Italian Mediterranean restaurant - perhaps with a Spanish influence - I thought that La Torres translates to The Bulls - or am I mistaken. Anyhow, I wish them well as it was a great disappointment to lose Sebastians.

• 3 weeks later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now