Northumberland Biker's Easter Egg Run

Does anyone know exactly what this is all about(I see it is about delivering easter eggs on motorbikes!):-

Where it starts and when, where it goes to, how long the ride is and who are the easter eggs delivered to and where? Does every biker have to deliver eggs?

How many bikers are expected to go?

and can anyone confirm it is 23rd April?

cant think of any more questions.............

cheers

they collect donations of eggs from retailers (Asda, Tesco, ete etc) donated by members of the public and deliver them to the kids in hospital. Used to start at Bebside Inn and was organised by The Northumberland Bikers. Lots and lots of bikes where the police turn a blind eye to riding without crash helmets, bikers do not need to donate. It usually ended with a monster session on the beer at Bebside Inn with open air bands, tattooists and absolutely no bother! Recent years saw this generosity by the bikers as a chance to cash in on it, police withdrew their free support cooncils wanted money for blocking roads off and various other things people wanted money for, so a couple of years ago the organisers cancelled the run. I don't know whats happened since but if it's up and running again some deal must have been struck with the powers that be. I can only guess that this means less money and eggs are forwarded to the kids in hospital.

It used to be a massive event where pubs throughout the north east used to collect donated easter eggs on the route and the bikers would stop at each pub and collect the eggs on the way often going through seaton sluice to the Melton Constable and stop at the church along the south beach road and so on. Always a really good day out and attracted hundreds from all over.

Seen an advert in the Ashington Extra for it but wasn't sure if it was the same organisers with the route being different.

Think it is on this year and is leaving from the Eagle [i'm sure I read something somewhwere about it] I do know that they collect eggs/donations one day and deliver them to the childrens wards [ and indeed old peoples homes] the next day. I think they are back to the Eagle for a night on the lash.

Edited by keith

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now