Evan Martin

Dr Pit

• 8 months later...

Knew Evan very well and his knowledge of the area was an inspiration to me. He said to me that he was pleased with what i had achieved and that this area needed people like me to continue his work. There is no doubt in my mind that Evan was a knowledgeable gentleman and contributed greatly to the heritage of this area. He is sadly missed, but i will do my best to help the people of this area. The group i am involved in is also a good source of information and do their best to research the area and assist people in their quest for information.

We have a huge amount of archive material to look up if needed to help people out. Photographs and archive footage too.

My own private collection is so huge and is being cataloged for easier access in case anyone requests anything so it can be found quicker.

Just let me know or the group by contacting our website at.our website

www.sixtmedia.org.uk

or just simply get in touch here and i can see what can be done as i aim to be a regular user of this fantastic forum.

Once again tho. Evan is a big miss, as we were always in touch with each other, but i am sure his legacy will live on for generations to come.

RIP Evan.

Edited by johndawsonjune1955
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

Bedlington has officially recognised the significant contributions made to the community of certain individuals such as Dr Brown.

History is obviously important and no one has done more than the late Evan Martin to preserve the past through his books and he has left a permanent record of Bedlingtonshire covering a period when it was part of a vibrant industrial region, now gone forever. I think we can count ourselves lucky that someone with a deep interest in the town was prepared to put in so much effort collecting stories and photos and publishing books that leave an important legacy for future generations.

I believe he should also be acknowledged as someone who has made an important contribution to the community.

• Like 1

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now