Benny

Doe's any of the Station Folk remember Benny's travelling shop doing the rounds on a Sunday morning?

Yup, That would be Benny Andrews. His place was where Ian Gerards cycle shop is now opposite the Bank Top pub. Benny was a right character, sometimes he would be seen on a Sunday afternoon heading down the furnace bank on his way to the woods with the horse and half a dozen local kids on its back. Benny worked till he was a good age. He gave up in the end partly due to the fact that he kept getting broken into [the shed behind the house was where he kept his stuff for the round]. The stable was behind there as well and it kept getting vandalised. The police often had to take Benny's horse home quite often in a distressed state after some of these break ins.

Yup, That would be Benny Andrews. His place was where Ian Gerards cycle shop is now opposite the Bank Top pub. Benny was a right character, sometimes he would be seen on a Sunday afternoon heading down the furnace bank on his way to the woods with the horse and half a dozen local kids on its back. Benny worked till he was a good age. He gave up in the end partly due to the fact that he kept getting broken into [the shed behind the house was where he kept his stuff for the round]. The stable was behind there as well and it kept getting vandalised. The police often had to take Benny's horse home quite often in a distressed state after some of these break ins.

yes i can remember benny andrews when i lived at the station when he came down where i lived one of his stops was uot side my house and while he waited for people get served his horse would start and eat my hedge .

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now