Dun Cow

Claire

Noticed that the Dun Cow has now become The Milfield, anyone know the craic?

opens to the public friday. opens tonight for invitation only

restaurant opens upstairs in may.

Edited by SPLODGE

i was in last night and Thursday night.very well presented and good taste.good selection of beers and wines and for them who are driving a great selection of soft drinks. OK its not good for parking but you can always park in tescos car park and walk down.alot better than it was before in decoration.go and see it.see the change,i think you will like.

and us too, my good lady and I are always on the lookout for nice places to eat. Any idea what type of food they intend serving in the restuarant i.e. Fusion, Italian etc or just good old english!

and us too, my good lady and I are always on the lookout for nice places to eat. Any idea what type of food they intend serving in the restuarant i.e. Fusion, Italian etc or just good old english!

i believe its going to be an italian restraunt but its not opening for a wee while yet.another month but if i hear owt i will let you know.

Wonder if that is the same one that was going into the top floor of the Red Lion until Wetherspoon got it?

Just wondering if there were two Italian restaurants looking around Bedders or one?

Seems to be an awful lot of secrecy about the place, no advertising. Looking at all these posts. Assuming the pub is open Makes one wonder if they want anyone in there.

Edited by foxy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Millfield restaurant in Bedlington. I know. We r looking for somewhere to eat this weekend and I fancied the Millfield, but I couldn't find any info. I might mention the lack of advertisement if we go.

Edited by outsider

New Millfield restaurant in Bedlington. I know. We r looking for somewhere to eat this weekend and I fancied the Millfield, but I couldn't find any info. I might mention the lack of advertisement if we go.

I think this is putting us off going too - wouldn't mind seeing some info about before we decide - very puzzling

Don't let the lack of advertising put you off. My wife amd I have been to Sebastians several times since it opened and have enjoyed every visit - in fact we'll be there probably at the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

The better half and myself enjoyed a meal there recently.

The only thing, and this is being picky as hell!, was the final bill.

When it came it was a slip of cheap thin till roll, with

"drink

drink

drink

drink

food

food

Total"

which did the job i'll admit, but i think an upgrade to something more personalised and itemised would be better, especially looking at the consumer aimed at.

But lets face it, if that's all i have to complain about, the place MUST be impressive!

There's talk of closing the bar altogether and making it all one restaurant. anyone else heard this?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Went to the millfield for my sisters birthday recently, food was delicious, staff were friendly

However we had to wait almost an hour for our food.....although there was about 12 of us so maybe's that was the reason

Tasty place though, i'd recommend :)

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now