Nufc-V- Arsenal

Just watched one of the best premiership games of all time. The Toon staged the best recovery since the Titanic was raised. 0-4 down at half time to draw at 4-4 and should have won 5-4 . Capello [a fine English name] needs to be told that football is played in places other than London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool. Joey Barton has played out of his skin this season, that incident today proved that he can bite his lip, many a player would have retaliated. He has to be one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment, so why is Capello not picking him for England [same could be said about Nolan].

Joey Barton has played out of his skin this season, that incident today proved that he can bite his lip, many a player would have retaliated. He has to be one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment, so why is Capello not picking him for England

Because they want nice people to play for the national team. Nice people who don't get into trouble and smile alot. Bringing the nation into disrepute in an international competition would cost money in unavoidable fines. This was said after the world cup too.

Just watched one of the best premiership games of all time. The Toon staged the best recovery since the Titanic was raised. 0-4 down at half time to draw at 4-4 and should have won 5-4 .

I went and took the dogs out at half time and missed the goals....oops.

Couldn't believe it when I got back and seen the result on Sky Sports News. Was eagerly awaiting MOTD after that. Granted there was some dubious linesman/womanship.

Leon Best had a goal disallowed when he was clearly being played onside by Rosicky. Williamson going down in the box was given a bit easily too but I am definitely not complaining!! Mrs Brettly told me that Barton was in a scuffle to which I replied that he probably started it :whistle:

Pleased we came back and gave them a run for their money and also that Sunderland got beat.

Ameobi is supposedly looking at 6 months now so Ranger & Best are going to have to pull their socks up and Ranger did look promising yesterday when he came on but constant graft is needed.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6732975,00.html

You mean nice well behaved players that lead ultra clean lives like Terry, Ashley Cole, Rooney and Lescott. I honestly think that a call to the England squad would be well deserved for Joey Barton. I'm sure Peter Beardsley may have an old mask laying around that Ameobi can borrow :wacko: 6 months out with a broken cheek seems a bit excessive, [Although remember how long Marcelino was on the sick with a sore finger]

Edited by keith

Just watched one of the best premiership games of all time. The Toon staged the best recovery since the Titanic was raised. 0-4 down at half time to draw at 4-4 and should have won 5-4 . Capello [a fine English name] needs to be told that football is played in places other than London, Birmingham, Manchester and Liverpool. Joey Barton has played out of his skin this season, that incident today proved that he can bite his lip, many a player would have retaliated. He has to be one of the best midfielders in the premiership at the moment, so why is Capello not picking him for England [same could be said about Nolan].

simple joey bartons an ex resident of hmp and therefor through away any hope of playing for his country!

simple joey bartons an ex resident of hmp and therefor through away any hope of playing for his country!

Not wanting to throw water on your fire Monsta but Tony Adams went on to captain England in 1994 after being in nick in 1990, Joey Barton may still be in with a chance if he continues playing the way he is capable of, I think he atleast deserves a chance.

Not wanting to throw water on your fire Monsta but Tony Adams went on to captain England in 1994 after being in nick in 1990, Joey Barton may still be in with a chance if he continues playing the way he is capable of, I think he atleast deserves a chance.

Was it not the same with Paul Merson? Some England players need locking up...... going by some of their performances in the last world cup.

tony adams was a drink driver! unlike joey barton who was done for assault!

tony adams was a drink driver! unlike joey barton who was done for assault!

Monsta, Barton has paid his pennance for his crime. If he is playing well for his club why cant he represent his country if there is no one better in that position. If at anytime in the future N.U.F.C qualified for europe, would you then say Joey Barton should not play in those matches, after all the players as well as the clubs are representatives of english football. Joey Barton seems to be making a concerted effort to clean up his act [ I hope I have not spoken too soon ] so Cappello has a duty to pick him rather than ignore the lad because of his behaviour in the past. After all, only a third of players in the premier league qualify to play for England

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now