Corner Shops

Thumper

You are probably right Merlin. I think as soon as they got any grief from the authorities about their opening hours or anything else, they would send for cousin Sayed in New Delhi to take over the shop while they would move to a new place. This gave them a clean slate and also set another member of the family on his way to a prosperous life in the good 'Ole U.K. They weren't breaking any rules by doing it I don't think , as I have said before, if I so much as fart in a clean air zone......... The Chinese did the same with takeaways etc. The guy [i wont mention his name] who had the chinese in the station years ago [ bloody good one too] whent back to Hong Kong to get married, he gave the station shop to her family, he then took over two takeaways in Blyth and not long ago he bought Charlies [the all you can eat chinese buffet] in Newcastle. Maybe we can take a lesson from them on how to look after our own.

now we have gone from corner shops to sweat shops,what with you talking about singer :dribble: :dribble: :withstupid:

i dunno Merlin i just don't know guess i was just having a laugh.. :D:wtf: :wtf:

• 2 weeks later...

washing

ironing

f.....g

everything else

(Please do not read the first letter of each word down as it is sexist and may cause offence to those without a sense of humor)

So, women are good for something then.....unlike men <_<:lol:

• Like 1

I was told women were good at multi-tasking.........I told my wife to shut up and sit down

could she do it? could she hell lol :whistle:

A friend of mine in the parachute regiment has been stationed in Switzerland for the last four years.He has recently wed a local girl who can wash up with 1 hand,cook with the other,dust with her foot, As she sucks something with her mouth, and opens a can of beer with her a..se. She"s a Swiss Army Wife!

Edited by foxy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just incase you don't, here's a memory jogger:

Foxy, that is brilliant, I have said on a few different posts what a smashing fella Peter Bacci was. Obviously because we lived in the market place we saw Peter every day, he was often at our house. Looking at the prices on the jars and the weight on the bars of chocolate, this photo was taken in the 70's and [looking at Peter] just before he retired.

Great shot foxy. You may want to put that up in the gallery, attachments in posts tend to get overlooked with time.

I will do that along with another shot of him, and a shot of another well known character in the town just as soon as I work out how to do it! I'm not too good with all this modern high tech stuff. OOOOOOOps, hope Dr Pit does'nt read this he's sure to blame the old age.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now