Psp Go

My youngest got a PSP GO for xmas and we are having difficulty connecting it to the wireless router. We have followed the instructions to the letter and when we get to the last instruction it says The access point was not detected the signal of the access point may be weak or the SSID you entered may not be correct. We took it back to comet and even their games geeks were confused as it was new to them as well, but after about 1 1/2 hours they got it sorted .When we got home and whent through it all again .. still nothing. Our phone and internet package is with talktalk and all we have connected to the router is 2 laptops and a wireless printer. The router is able to take 5 devices, so that should not be a problem. Can anyone please help?

Wish I was a Playstation person to help you; sadly I only know about WiFi so can only help in general terms.

I'd focus on the "the SSID you entered may not be correct" part of the error message. Normally you don't have to enter a SSID as you get a prompt list of which one to connect to. But if you do have to enter it manually then you'd better get it exactly right!

I think you may be confusing five RJ45 (Ethernet) connectors on your box with WiFi. As far as WiFi is concerned any decent box will allow as many connections as in the IP block it has been configured for. That generally means about 254 wireless devices!!! :D

Make and model of wireless router may help here as there will be be info screens which can be displayed on a regular computer which can be used to help identify the problem.

The first thing I'd do if there was a mystery problem with WiFi would be to connect the devices with an Ethernet lead. If you can't get a wired connection you're pretty much wasting your time trying a WiFi one. A good wired connection will prove that things like DHCP can be eliminated, and will help home in on the problem.

You should be able to scan for networks rather than manually entering the SSID.

Make sure that you don't have to allow the PSP's MAC address on your router to allow the connection and make sure that your router is broadcasting your SSID so that it can be detected.

WLAN switch on the top of the PSP needs to be set to 'On' to be able to detect the network when scanning and like GGG says, enter the WEP key ensuring that the case is adhered to.

wlansw.jpg

DONE IT AT LAST....... Thanks GGG and Brettly. We did everything as you said and a bit of help from others. It seemed that perseverence was the thing. Its up and running now so hopefuly now that all the settings are in place and stored ,all the bairn has to do is log on and use it. Mind you, I hope people don't think me too harsh for sending a 10 year old out to work so that he can earn the money to download games at 20 quid a crack.

Edited by keith

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now