Rutter

StuR

Hi I've been researching my family name and have found some very useful information on this forum.

I'm related to the Rutters from Choppington and Bedlington, they were miners but also lived in the buildings that were central to Guidepost, namely the Queens Head Inn.

If anyone has any photographs or further information about the Rutters I'd appreciate it greatly if you got in touch. I'm after photographs really, as I have virtually no pictures of any of my relatives beyond my father.

Thomas Rutter born 1829 married Jane Bryson born 1841. Thomas Rutter was recorded as licensed victualler of the Queens Head Inn Guidepost in 1871 Cencus.

His son, William Rutter born 1869 lived with them at the Queens Head Inn. He married Rose Hannah Grice born 1878. The last my family heard of William was that he lived in Widdrington Station and died in 1953. He was a coal miner and lived with his brother, Joshua Rutter and family at Ashington 5th Row in 1901.

William and Rose Rutter had one son, Wilfred Rutter (my Grandfather), born in 1909 in Morpeth Ashington. Wilfred Rutter married Ada Isabelle Cobban born 1911. They eventually moved away from Morpeth and we have no pictures or anything previous to this.

My email address is: stu.rutter ATSIGN gmail.com or a reply on this forum would be great.

[ e-mail address edited by the moderator to help to protect member from loads of spam! ]

[ Please note that other members can reach you at your registered e-mail address WITHOUT making your e-mail address public, only PROVIDING THIS FACILITY REMAINS ENABLED BY YOU IN YOUR PROFILE ]

hi the queens head guidepost on the 1881 census was then called rutters buildings well so i was told,if you could find out dif it would help n yea im doing my family tree too

A fellow forum member `harty 1960` has mentioned `Rutters Buildings`

I may be reading into things but it looks as if he may be related to the Rutters too?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now