Location of Gardeners Arms

bediesathome

Sorry for steeling this thread Tez!

bediesathome, Lock Hall was where Millfield Court is now, between the Black Bull and Dun Cow, the dance was upstairs from the COOP.

thank you for your help .i can now remember that it was were you said it was . this is bringing back memories of my young days thank you .

Shhhhhhhhhhhh I've not had a tab for 6 weeks me and the wife both stopped together after 35 years on them...... now and then could kill for one. ARRRRRRRRRRGH

Congratulations your doing better than you think............. 6 weeks is AMAZING

keep it up........... I stopped after 25 years on them..... it was,nt easy but on reflection it was easier than I thought....... you will look back and think " I wish I,d stopped sooner"

it may not seem it at times....... and you doing it the right way you and the mrs can ssupport each other, it helped me, as my mates wife and I stopped together it was good to talk to someone experiencing the same withdrawls. I have been stopped 6 years May 12th it was one of the best things I have ever done .......... the worst by far was starting in the first place..... your BOTH doing GREAT

Shhhhhhhhhhhh I've not had a tab for 6 weeks me and the wife both stopped together after 35 years on them...... now and then could kill for one. ARRRRRRRRRRGH

Well done Keith (and missus) my wife decided to stop when we were trying for child number 1 and hasn't touched or craved a cigarette since (5 and a half years ago), drink however well that's a different matter :)

Well done Keith (and missus) my wife decided to stop when we were trying for child number 1 and hasn't touched or craved a cigarette since (5 and a half years ago), drink however well that's a different matter :)

Thanks Andy. We had a little help from the Chemist but willpower is still needed. I bottled some wine yesterday and got stuck into some last night. I was worried that the taste of drink would trigger the craving for a tab, but I was fine. Just goes to show that it was more to do with people smoking arround you [before the ban] in pubs that made you crave a tab rather than the taste of the drink. [although I must say that I smoked helluva lot more while drinking wether it was at home or in the boozer].

• 1 year later...

Thanks Andy. We had a little help from the Chemist but willpower is still needed. I bottled some wine yesterday and got stuck into some last night. I was worried that the taste of drink would trigger the craving for a tab, but I was fine. Just goes to show that it was more to do with people smoking arround you [before the ban] in pubs that made you crave a tab rather than the taste of the drink. [although I must say that I smoked helluva lot more while drinking wether it was at home or in the boozer].

Still off the fags Keith?

I stopped on Budget Day this year.......£7.50 a packet no thanks!

Still off the fags Keith?

I stopped on Budget Day this year.......£7.50 a packet no thanks!

I most certainly am. Mind you there are times when I could do with one, but it passes. Them Champex tablets were a great help at the time, got to be better than doing turkey. 30th Oct 2010 was me last tab, put a shed load of weight on but it has to be better than continuously kippering ya lungs!!

... put a shed load of weight on but it has to be better than continuously kippering ya lungs!!

Keep at it! Been off them for 26 years now myself. Don't worry about the weight. If you've got the will power to quit the fags you've got the willpower to lose the weight - when the time is right. Tackle one problem at a time. The longer your off the weed the better your health will be and the more energy you'll have. The more energy you have the more active you'll be. The more active you are the more calories you'll burn. And - if you then start adding some gentle exercise ( you did say you liked the new gym equipment in the woods) the weight will disappear without really having to try too hard. It took a couple of years for me to reach that stage and then I started running. Still running today 3 X 10K every week. Keep up the good work. Every day without a cig is an achievement to be proud of. if you should happen to fall by the wayside, don't give up and never say "I've started again". You haven't started again you've only had a small lapse - get back on track!

Here's a little tip for you to help with withdrawal symptoms:

Wash and dry a bunch of celery. Cut a few sticks into strips about the length of a cigarette. It's important to keep all the strips the same way up and remember which end is which - top or bottom. Take a glass large enough to hold the strips. Fill it to 1/3 with vodka and place the strips in the glass with the bottom end in the vodka. The strips should be as upright as possible so choose your glass accordingly. Place in the fridge overnight. next day the vodka should have disappeared as it's been drawn up into the celery. These are great when the craving sets in (actually they're quite nice without the craving as well)!

Edited by Canny lass

I most certainly am. Mind you there are times when I could do with one, but it passes. Them Champex tablets were a great help at the time, got to be better than doing turkey. 30th Oct 2010 was me last tab, put a shed load of weight on but it has to be better than continuously kippering ya lungs!!

Well done Keith keep it going mate ............

Keep at it! Been off them for 26 years now myself. Don't worry about the weight. If you've got the will power to quit the fags you've got the willpower to lose the weight - when the time is right. Tackle one problem at a time. The longer your off the weed the better your health will be and the more energy you'll have. The more energy you have the more active you'll be. The more active you are the more calories you'll burn. And - if you then start adding some gentle exercise ( you did say you liked the new gym equipment in the woods) the weight will disappear without really having to try too hard. It took a couple of years for me to reach that stage and then I started running. Still running today 3 X 10K every week. Keep up the good work. Every day without a cig is an achievement to be proud of. if you should happen to fall by the wayside, don't give up and never say "I've started again". You haven't started again you've only had a small lapse - get back on track!

Here's a little tip for you to help with withdrawal symptoms:

Wash and dry a bunch of celery. Cut a few sticks into strips about the length of a cigarette. It's important to keep all the strips the same way up and remember which end is which - top or bottom. Take a glass large enough to hold the strips. Fill it to 1/3 with vodka and place the strips in the glass with the bottom end in the vodka. The strips should be as upright as possible so choose your glass accordingly. Place in the fridge overnight. next day the vodka should have disappeared as it's been drawn up into the celery. These are great when the craving sets in (actually they're quite nice without the craving as well)!

WAHEY !!!!! VODDYCEL POPS !!!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now