Are Mps Above The Law?

With Phil Woolas losing his High Court attempt to overturn his ban on being an elected MP and half his colleagues coming out supporting a further appeal are MPs above the law of the land? They might act and think so but these High Court judges look to have burst that particular bubble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-11904630

There would seem a lot more similar business for the courts to rule on considering recent exposes of MPs and their expenses!

• Like 1

The old guy in the picture is Diogenes who used to walk around his town at midday with a lantern. When asked what he was doing his reply was that he was looking for an honest man……

Looking around that lot, Westminster, it would be easier to find a virgin in Ashington!

OR A Bedlington councilor worth his/her salt :huh:<_<

see the slimey !*!@# got the hike in student fees through!

nick clegg hang your head in shame!

It's all a huge pretence Monsta. The Govt. is pretending that the £9K will somehow help balance the books, when in fact many students won't repay it at all, and by the the time most are asked to repay it £9K will be worth diddly squat anyway! A pure paper exercise.

The students are pretending that it's a real issue, when again the ones that don't get decent paying jobs after uni won't have to repay it. The ones that get £100K jobs (probably the minimum wage in 2030!) will likely discover that it's fully tax deductible, and by the time they have to repay they won't miss it anyway.

The real issue is the accrued burden of national debt and taxation on future generations, but the politicians are grateful that the students haven't wised up to that one.

...and... BTW: MPs see themselves as making the law, so quite naturally also see themselves as not bound by it in the same way as us mortals. Hence the dismay at their expenses being challenged.

Particularly pleasing........

http://www.mirror.co...15875-22773194/

And... this is the turd who - according to some - deliberately pushed Railtrack into bankruptcy by lying to them about government support in order to fulfil some dastardly political scheme. Where were the courts then to protect the victims from his naked abuse of political power? Probably where the courts usually are: protecting their paymasters and the establishment. Interesting how quickly attitudes change when the truth can no longer be denied. I'm sure old T. Dan Smith would have had something interesting to say on the subject! :D

I find the whole 'self-regulation' a bit bizarre? If MPs break the laws the rest of us have to obey shouldn't they lead by example and take the consequences the same as us mere mortals? The fact that they themselves wrote and passed the legislation is hypocrisy of the highest order!

Parliamentary privilege, fine when it protects whistle blowers and members exposing corrupt workings within the state but to use it to cover members caught with their hands in the till is something else!

I am pleased the students at last have some fire in their bellies but it looks like they have lost mainstream public support and I wonder if they have really read what were the proposals?

The Lib Dem position is quite another part of this and I would say we should all try and make political parties stick to their pre-election manifestos or how else can they expect to be believed!

T Dan was in a North East documentary last week as they showed what were really ghettos in Newcastle getting knocked down. This guy is vilified because he took and laid out bungs to get this work done. At least there was some social element in his 'corruption' not like the stuff we see these days where it is all about personal benefit!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

WE had/have a corrupt cooncil AND cooncilors OMG SHOCK HORROR :angry: .....Its not implying that these individuals stole and commited fraud of the highest order or even had a missuse of power AND public money?......... well I,ll be. :rolleyes:

Well I suppose there only copying our MP,s in that respect.

And its easy to get off with it just say "THEIR A VICTIM OF THE SYSTEM" see its,as easy as that. <_<

Now me personaly think they are no more than common thieves and should be treat as so irrispective of where they live and how much they,v got/stolen AND who they think they are.

There are a FEW more who SHOULD be a bit worried at the moment. :jump:

And to those people on the cooncil who have nothing to worry about........

see ........."Truth WILL out"... :whistle:

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now