Guess Where This Was Plus What Year Is It?

Cympil

This building used to be in Bedlington, but can you guess where it was and what year was the photo taken?

Winner gets a Rep :D

guesswhere.jpg

I'm not a great one on local history having only lived here 20 years, but that doorway says to me it may be a now long lost public house.....

I'm not a great one on local history having only lived here 20 years, but that doorway says to me it may be a now long lost public house.....

You`re correct when you say it`s long lost, but it wasn`t a public house, close though!

Bah, i was gonna say the Top Club too, but the "Public" house thing threw me! Doh!

I would have got the year wrong tho.

Well, i did say public house was close, just not close enough :D

What the heck, i`ll give reps just for posting in here, i`m feeling generous today :jump:

You discovered the gas leak? And then it burned down! How did it catch fire, did you spark a tab up :whistle::lol:

I left the scene double quick when the young copper I flagged down on the roundabout hit the transmit button on his radio right over where the bubbles were coming up. No one was more surprised than me to see the smouldering pile of rubble later that day. I've heard lots of theories since on what triggered the blaze. All I can say for sure is that there was a mega gap in police training at the time! :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

That was quick!

It is indeed the Millfield

themillfieldbedlington.jpg

Taken in 1975.

Maybe you`ll know who had the place then? I heard it was Tom Hennessey but i`m not sure on this :unsure:

Not sure myself but ex Newcastle footballer John Tudor had it at one time but it never took off because he got rid of the darts and pool teams, as he wanted a different clientele in there

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now