Hi Ho Hi Ho Its Off To The Work House We Go!

Monsta®

Its finally here! WELL fn done the rich Con-dem party are finally sending the out of work to the work house! YES there not going to make jobs or start up companies there just going to send the unemployed to the work house with the threat of losing there money and housing benifit! NICE ONE!

!*!@# backwards if you ask me!

It's not the fact that there going to make the unemployed work for there dole! its just the same take as new deal. its the way they put it across like its a punishment for the long term unemployed. OK so the work shy should be made to work but why should those actively looking for work have to suffer to I am sure if there was enough actual jobs for people this would never have come about. so why not create jobs instead of this !*!@# idea that will do nothing but belittle people and make them feel even more destitute

liars..........

.david-cameron-and-nick-clegg-581678590.jpg

Monsta,

That is the whole point as far as I can see! Making economic regeneration a top priority has far more benefits than just penalising those on benefits. Every time a Tory government comes in the first thing they do is target anyone not in work, for whatever reason. That's fair enough if there are jobs available but if there aren't, and in fact if they are going to make the situation worse, it looks like playing to ideology rather than realism!

• Like 1

I have been unemployed since feb, and am looking for work, i have joined numerous agencies as well. But all i get told is your to old or over qualified. SO i wonder what the government will do with me then?

This is the first time i have been on the "dole" since i was 16, and it hurts me that i can not get employment anywhere, and i would take any job if offered

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

the true colours of the conspiracy shine through!

unemployed people made to work for 4 weeks for there dole dollars doing the jobs the council workers lost and just to make sure they dont get a job there faced with eviction!

does this government honestly think this is a good incentive to the unemployed? get a job and get evicted! :wtf:

• Like 1

Let's put our OAPs in jail and the criminals in a nursing home.

This way our OAPs would have access to showers, hobbies and walks.

They'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical

treatment, wheel chairs etc. and they'd receive money instead of paying

it out.

They would have constant video monitoring, so they could be helped

instantly, if they fell, or needed assistance.

Bedding would be washed twice a week, and all clothing would be ironed

and returned to them. A guard would check on them every 20 minutes and

bring their meals and snacks to their cell.

They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose.

They would have access to a library, weight room, spiritual counselling,

pool and education.

Simple clothing, shoes, slippers, PJ's and legal aid would be free, on

request.

Private, secure rooms for all, with an exercise outdoor yard, with

gardens.

Each OAP could have a PC a TV radio and daily phone calls.

There would be a board of directors to hear complaints, and the guards

would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to.

The criminals would get cold food, be left all alone and unsupervised.

Lights off at 8pm, and showers once a week.

Live in a tiny room and pay £900.00 per month and have no hope of ever

getting out.

• Like 2

COWS

Is it just me, or does anyone else find it amazing that during the mad

cow epidemic our government could track a single cow, born in Bourne

almost three years ago, right to the stall where she slept in the

county of Lincolnshire? And, they even tracked her calves to their

stalls.

But they are unable to locate 125,000 illegal immigrants wandering

around our country. Maybe we should give each of them a cow.

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a

courthouse or Parliament, is this -

You cannot post 'Thou Shalt Not Steal', 'Thou Shalt Not Commit

Adultery' and 'Thou Shall Not Lie' in a building full of lawyers,

judges and politicians .....

It creates a hostile work environment.

I have been unemployed since feb, and am looking for work, i have joined numerous agencies as well. But all i get told is your to old or over qualified. SO i wonder what the government will do with me then?

This is the first time i have been on the "dole" since i was 16, and it hurts me that i can not get employment anywhere, and i would take any job if offered

a ) Forget all the agency/dole crap and run off some *small* cards on your computer with your name address, phone number, and a very short previous employment summary. Add a polite request for a job, indicating your willingness to work hard, and what sorts of things you think you are good at. Keep it all very short!

b ) Get out a local trade directory and ring around to find which smaller business have their head office on or near the premises.

c ) Get on your bike and visit each asking politely for two minutes of the boss's time. *Do not* ask them if they have any vacancies. If they won't see you then and there leave your card and ask for it to be passed on. If they say they have no vacancies simply say that you can earn more for the firm than they will need to pay you, and you'd like them to give you a chance to prove it.

You might have to visit 100 employers, but one of the smaller firms will be bright enough to employ you. The one that is will be the one you would want to work for anyway.

In 40 years of running a business I've only been directly asked for a job two or three times - I still find this incredible! Though I've had to wade through countless hundreds of pointless job applications. On every occasion I've tried to accommodate someone who had the get up and go to actually ask personally. Personal contact, and demonstrated willingness is everything.

The old adage 'It's not WHAT you know but WHO you know' still stands!

3G is right if you can get to see the boss and speak to him personally this works very much in your favour.

I am in the process of trying to get a job with Nissan, this is a long and drawn out process. I think this is the first job I have tried for without being given the 'Nod' from someone I know. I promised myself that I was finished with production work and to work outdoors more, but, needs must. The hours are long, the work will be very boring but the pay is good and I've never been afraid to do something I don't want to and work hard at it.

Good luck Tez and to each and everyone of you who are looking for work and 'Don't let the bastards grind you down' :dribble:

• Like 1

Congrats merlin, hope you can get in on Monday for your first day at work :D

Not many jobs out there, am trying my best to find employment, am either to old or over experienced. Just can't win nowadays

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now