Nige Is Back!

threegee

Thought the quote off Lord what-sis-name the outgoing leader (Parker) was a scream. Something like, ''Hmm yes, I'm not too good at this politics malarkey and maybe I should have read our manifesto!'' There's honesty!

At least we know where we are with Nige , anti-EU crusader.

I have sent him the badge Malcolm :D

• 1 year later...
It reveals that Britain and the eurozone countries are heading in "two starkly different directions".

Six out of 10 Britons want a renegotiation of its relationship with the EU or complete withdrawal. Six out of 10 also back a national referendum on EU membership.

In contrast, 62 per cent of Germans, 61 per cent of Italians and almost half of French voters want greater integration.

There is even a majority in Italy in favour of a United States of Europe, an idea also given the backing of four out of 10 French voters.

The vast majority of British voters want to reclaim national control in almost all policy areas.

We've been here twice before - let's just call it WWIII ! :D But, this time, why bother saving the French? ;)

• Like 2

We've been here twice before - let's just call it WWIII ! :D But, this time, why bother saving the French? ;)

Why Bother saving any of them, Germany, Italy, Spain and the rest, they have ruined this great country plus Ted Heath who got us in this mess to start with it, it has got worse since then and it has now become a disaster under Cameron, hopefully his successor will tell the EU to go and there will be a sign like so outside the EU HQ :closed: .

Why Bother saving any of them, Germany, Italy, Spain and the rest, they have ruined this great country plus Ted Heath who got us in this mess to start with it, it has got worse since then and it has now become a disaster under Cameron, hopefully his successor will tell the EU to go and there will be a sign like so outside the EU HQ :closed: .

100% agree with that Adam

Yep, Ted Heath was the second worst PM this country has ever had. But at the time of The Big Common Market Con it was the Labour Party who were by far the biggest supporters of dragging us into it at all costs. And... the only people warning about the consequences was a very large part of the Conservative Party. More or less the same people who were warning about the consequences of unlimited immigration, and being vilified for their prescience. The sad thing about people who play at "social engineering" is that they are seldom around to take the flack when the true outcome of their pet theories becomes apparent to all.

It may also have escaped your notice that the only PM to stand up to the Eurocrats in a robust manner was your very good friend Mrs T! ;) And... if you are going to exclusively knock David Cameron then imagine the sort of mess we'd now be in with either of the other two twit party leaders in full control. :)

I was - of course - talking about being rescued from the Germans. But, then, maybe even the Germans can be rescued from themselves? :D

Yep, Ted Heath was the second worst PM this country has ever had. But at the time of The Big Common Market Con it was the Labour Party who were by far the biggest supporters of dragging us into it at all costs. And... the only people warning about the consequences was a very large part of the Conservative Party. More or less the same people who were warning about the consequences of unlimited immigration, and being vilified for their prescience. The sad thing about people who play at "social engineering" is that they are seldom around to take the flack when the true outcome of their pet theories becomes apparent to all.

It may also have escaped your notice that the only PM to stand up to the Eurocrats in a robust manner was your very good friend Mrs T! ;) And... if you are going to exclusively knock David Cameron then imagine the sort of mess we'd now be in with either of the other two twit party leaders in full control. :)

I was - of course - talking about being rescued from the Germans. But, then, maybe even the Germans can be rescued from themselves? :D

But at least his successor (Harold Wilson) asked the public if they wanted to stay in the EEC and they voted to stay in and why did "Milk Snatcher's" successor (John Major) not ask the public if they wanted to join the EU?

Edited by Adam Hogg

Adam,

I presume you are talking about EMU, the monetary union bit? The bit where this country got a black eye off Soros as Lamont used interest rates to control an uncontrollable exchange rate.

The problem we have is that we haven't produced any real leaders over the last half century, with the possible exception of the lady you mentioned, and that's open to wide debate, but she is the only UK leader I have seen with a set of maracas. Everyone one of them has been and is happy to float around in other people's cess pools instead of forging out a new path for this country.

I wouldn't follow any of them into Mothercare never mind into battle!

But at least his successor (Harold Wilson) asked the public if they wanted to stay in the EEC and they voted to stay in and why did "Milk Snatcher's" successor (John Major) not ask the public if they wanted to join the EU?

Not quite that simple Adam! Harold was just as bent on joining as Heath. It was only a matter of timing that the final negotiations fell on Heath's watch. The only reason we had a referendum later was pure politics where the Labour Party picked holes in the terms, but would in fact have agreed to exactly the same ones - they were all that were on offer as the French didn't really want us in, and had indeed blocked us under De Gaul! Harold Wilson told exactly the same fibs as Heath. We were all conned, and that includes a young and silly me!

Why it went through on the nod was that we were already a member of another trading group called EFTA (European Free Trade Area) which included many Scandinavian countries. It was a rival of the EEC and indeed worked very well. It sort of set a precedent for such things. What all the politicians (including Labour ones) knew, but didn't care to tell us, is that the ultimate aim was a political union and not the economic one we were sold. I remember being a little puzzled at the time why we didn't simply expand EFTA. The reason is now clear; EFTA had no hidden political agenda!

Believe me that if it had been Harold's signature on the treaty there would have been no referendum either - or more likely it would have been a Tory referendum. The only reason we had one then is that they KNEW they could win it. The very same reason that despite all the broken Conservative AND Labour promises (and a recognition that there has been fundamental change in the later treaties) we don't have one now, as they wouldn't con us a second time!

Camerons successor! Eh! So Adam you want the Con-Dems in again! I don't think so. This is an un elected Government being allowed to get away with murder. Clegg, leg or beg runs this country, without him Cameron is NOTHING!

Camerons successor! Eh! So Adam you want the Con-Dems in again! I don't think so. This is an un elected Government being allowed to get away with murder. Clegg, leg or beg runs this country, without him Cameron is NOTHING!

I Completely Agree with you Merlin Cameron and "Virgil" (my new name for Clegg because he's like a puppet) are running this country into the ground and their unelected, remind anyone of a more local issue? :glare:

Explain "unelected"?

2010 General Election

=====================

Conservative: 10,703,654

Liberal Democrat: 6,836,248

Labour: 8,606,517

C+LD: 17,539,902 = 67.08%

Labour: 8,606,517 = 32.92%

Total votes: 26,146,419

Maybe you mean the 1974 General Election?

1974 General Election

=====================

Conservative: 11,872,180 = 37.90%

Liberal: 6,059,519 = 19.3%

Labour: 11,645,616 = 37.18%

...and the winner is: Harold Wilson - Labour! :D

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.