Koast radio II

Not sure if i`m missing something here, but i can`t find any posts where Monsta mentions having a radio station?

I can find a post where he asked about Vicky`s radio background (which no-one seems to be able to find)

Hopefully, Vicky will appear soon to answer that one.

thats a good idea a radio station where did you pinch that from!!!! :whistle:

• Like 1

Oh Please....you are part of his group on facebook!!..

Three words for you,

Orange Crate and Anorak

What are you on about? If you`re referring to Ultra radio`s FB page, yes i am a fan, nothing wrong with that is there? I was on about Monsta not Ultra Radio :rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean by the three words either? Care to explain?

Here's a question for you radio enthusiasts;

Ultra Radio is the project of a Simon Ferson.

What's his radio background?

I haven`t a clue? I know as much about Simon Ferson as i do about Vicky.

Maybe Ultra Radio can fill us in on that.

What are you on about? If you`re referring to Ultra radio`s FB page, yes i am a fan, nothing wrong with that is there? I was on about Monsta not Ultra Radio :rolleyes:

Not sure what you mean by the three words either? Care to explain?

You know as well as I do, Monsta and Ultra Radio are 'connected'. And therefore may I suggest you know Simon Ferson (that self acclaimed radio professional in the NE), so perhaps you can give some illumination as to his credentials.

You know as well as I do, Monsta and Ultra Radio are 'connected'. And therefore may I suggest you know Simon Ferson (that self acclaimed radio professional in the NE), so perhaps you can give some illumination as to his credentials.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

**NOTE TO MONSTA** You kept that quiet!

Yes, the R&B/Urban Flava for Bedlington's Black Community, rinsin' dem out, in a drum n' bass stylee. Hell yes, an audience winner! :-)

thats a bit stereotypical why do you associate r&b rap etc with the black community?

thats a bit stereotypical why do you associate r&b rap etc with the black community?

Because it is their preferred choice of listening, and in the main is performed by black artists. Apart fron crossover R&B (hi jacked term)l which is represented commercially, the genre is a niche market..and could never be supported anywhere in the NE as there is no black population to speak of

This is not rocket science.

Wow! What a read this thread is (and the others)! I never knew radio stations could arouse such vitriol! But then most of it comes from Monsta, for whom a cheese sandwich can cause apoplexy!

On that note, to Monsta, your question 'give me three good reasons why...' etc, can you give me three good reasons why not?

Edited by mercuryg
  • Like 1

No Pete I think there is more to this than meets the eye, I get the feeling that there has been some 'Shenanigans' going on here, the feeling of gleaning information for personal gain, also of an abuse of inside information, like, it's not what you know, but WHO! Something just doesn't sit right here, and you know what, I'm going to make it my business to find out!

Well it will all come out in the wash anyway I'm sure - now I'm starting to see my name plastered all over these forums....

VoiceOf Sefron seems to have it in for everyone...

Well one things for sure this guy (part of koast) certainly feels threatened by Ultra Radio :o) well he has good cause, coz we won't be doing the usual Krap they are planning to do!

Just keep an eye on our ideas being lifted - coz I will certainly shed any light on any injust Shenanigans..

VoiceOf Sefron want to know all about me - emmm (what is he up against more like??)

A force that doesn't sleep and works a 20 hour day!!!

By the way I don't pay myself a salary on this project guys (totally voluntary) - I have to work 2x full-time jobs and a weekend job and manage 3 kids and fund Ultra myself....

Reading some of the probing comments on here - it's proving to be already worth it... ha

Read some of Ultra vs Koast

The guy is a complete ******

I started Ultra back in June 2010, didn't know about Koast but came along SRNG through my research - made contact but learn't of the issues gaining funds and how long they sat on the project - so just cracked on anyway!!

The link details my efforts to work with Koast.

Anyway - I will be making some waves and have a dedicated team of local people (ALL LOCAL) and we have endless IDEAS ahead of our broadcast in June.

Ultra Radio will certainly make it's mark - it's already got you guys talking.

Buy the way - some of the comments made are starting to ask the right questions and the right sense! :o)

• Like 1

Wow! What a read this thread is (and the others)! I never knew radio stations could arouse such vitriol! But then most of it comes from Monsta, for whom a cheese sandwich can cause apoplexy!

On that note, to Monsta, your question 'give me three good reasons why...' etc, can you give me three good reasons why not?

1. can have limited music genres

2. can be amateurous

3. can be targeted at a niche market

4. can be crap

theres 4

(this is NOT targeted at Koast, Ultra or synergy!!!! more what i've heard from other local stations!!!)

1. can have limited music genres

2. can be amateurous

3. can be targeted at a niche market

4. can be crap

theres 4

(this is NOT targeted at Koast, Ultra or synergy!!!! more what i've heard from other local stations!!!)

can means can not, too, though, doesn't it? It's quite easy to miss out on things when you decide in advance that you won't like them. What if i'm in that 'niche market'? I mean, if there's a niche market to be targeted then someone has to be in it! What if the 'limited music genre's' happen to be ones I like? After all, nobody loves everything! As for amateur, so what? Don't you sometimes get sick of slick, boring professionalism all the time, isn't that yearning for something more 'amateur' the very reason we chat on sites like this? And then there's 'can be crap'; Yep. Everything can.

No, try harder Monsta. The only reason you could possibly give me is that you know what it's like, you've heard it, and you know what I want. You don't, so it's not really much of a sell, is it?

I wish all who are trying to break into local radio great success;I remember the days of KFM, pioneers of 'community radio', in Stockport very fondly.

Well it will all come out in the wash anyway I'm sure - now I'm starting to see my name plastered all over these forums....

VoiceOf Sefron seems to have it in for everyone...

Well one things for sure this guy (part of koast) certainly feels threatened by Ultra Radio :o) well he has good cause, coz we won't be doing the usual Krap they are planning to do!

Just keep an eye on our ideas being lifted - coz I will certainly shed any light on any injust Shenanigans..

VoiceOf Sefron want to know all about me - emmm (what is he up against more like??)

A force that doesn't sleep and works a 20 hour day!!!

By the way I don't pay myself a salary on this project guys (totally voluntary) - I have to work 2x full-time jobs and a weekend job and manage 3 kids and fund Ultra myself....

Reading some of the probing comments on here - it's proving to be already worth it... ha

Read some of Ultra vs Koast

The guy is a complete ******

I started Ultra back in June 2010, didn't know about Koast but came along SRNG through my research - made contact but learn't of the issues gaining funds and how long they sat on the project - so just cracked on anyway!!

The link details my efforts to work with Koast.

Anyway - I will be making some waves and have a dedicated team of local people (ALL LOCAL) and we have endless IDEAS ahead of our broadcast in June.

Ultra Radio will certainly make it's mark - it's already got you guys talking.

Buy the way - some of the comments made are starting to ask the right questions and the right sense! :o)

The more you say, the wilder the assumptions, the bigger the lies, the less credible you become and the hole gets even bigger, either that or the panto season has started earlier..

It's best that I don't engage with you on any level, anymore.

The rule of order,"Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level, and defeat you with experience!",has never been more appropriate..

Edited by VoiceOf Sefron

can means can not, too, though, doesn't it? It's quite easy to miss out on things when you decide in advance that you won't like them. What if i'm in that 'niche market'? I mean, if there's a niche market to be targeted then someone has to be in it! What if the 'limited music genre's' happen to be ones I like? After all, nobody loves everything! As for amateur, so what? Don't you sometimes get sick of slick, boring professionalism all the time, isn't that yearning for something more 'amateur' the very reason we chat on sites like this? And then there's 'can be crap'; Yep. Everything can.

No, try harder Monsta. The only reason you could possibly give me is that you know what it's like, you've heard it, and you know what I want. You don't, so it's not really much of a sell, is it?

I wish all who are trying to break into local radio great success;I remember the days of KFM, pioneers of 'community radio', in Stockport very fondly.

i think your taking it to far! i was only stating the experiences i have had listening to "local radio stations" to argue your case what if your NOT the niche market and your don't like the limited genre of music or the amatuerishness of the radio station then you will not listen wil you!!! therefor my points are completely valid.

why should i have to try harder? it should be the radio station who wants people to listens job to try harder! at the end of the day if they cant provide the service i want i will go somewhere else!

• Like 1

why should i have to try harder? it should be the radio station who wants people to listens job to try harder! at the end of the day if they cant provide the service i want i will go somewhere else!

Absolutely right, Monsta, it shoul be a case that if you don't like it you'll go elsewhere. So why condemn it before you've tried it?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now