Poker Night?

Mr Darn

Yeah, i realise that, but i was thinking of spending time with humans, out of the house. I was also making a suggestion that may enhance Bedlingtons social life, even if just a little.

And i was also talking about playing for kicks, not to make a living from it!

You know... this kind of attitude to posts is one of the reasons i rarely contribute. And from a moderator too.

Its just uncalled for.

• Like 1

Yeah, i realise that, but i was thinking of spending time with humans, out of the house. I was also making a suggestion that may enhance Bedlingtons social life, even if just a little.

And i was also talking about playing for kicks, not to make a living from it!

You know... this kind of attitude to posts is one of the reasons i rarely contribute. And from a moderator too.

Its just uncalled for.

:wtf: :shutup:

• Like 1

anyway the wharton arms website says

" The Wharton Arms pub subscribes to Sky & Setanta and shows live sports on plasma TV and on projector & screen during major sporting events. The atmosphere during Newcastle United matches is excellent. The Wharton Arms also offers a pool table, darts, games machines, digital jukebox music system. Customers are also welcome to use the pubs traditional games such as, chess, dominoes, cards and poker equipment etc."

so go in and ask there!

• Like 2

anyway the wharton arms website says

" The Wharton Arms pub subscribes to Sky & Setanta and shows live sports on plasma TV and on projector & screen during major sporting events. The atmosphere during Newcastle United matches is excellent. The Wharton Arms also offers a pool table, darts, games machines, digital jukebox music system. Customers are also welcome to use the pubs traditional games such as, chess, dominoes, cards and poker equipment etc."

so go in and ask there!

Better answer, but the tone is still there.

Thankyou for the information, i shall enquire.

[offtopic]

@Merlin

Have you considered a moderators job? you seem to meet the criteria!

[/offtopic]

Darnie, darnie, darnie, what's up? Come on now tell your uncle Merlin. You haven't crashed into another lamp post have you? Don't worry we won't tell that nasty Asda. Or is it that between your posts everyone is having a laugh, good banter and are generally getting on with each other, is that what is getting your goat? Moderators on here now let things ride because they realise that people have different opinions to themselves. Your blatant attack on such, in the bad old days, would have resulted in a warning to yourself and your post being removed, much to the delight of the other moderators! Glad to say those days are long gone. We dish, we take it, no problem. So, come on. What's up? Uncle Merlin wants to know. :)

By the way what criteria do I meet? :dribble:

I don't think blatantly putting down the town and all suggestions to make it even slightly better is a good attitude for a moderator of the website portraying the town.

In my opinion, you "sometimes" fit into that criteria, although to be fair to you, it seems you have turned a corner and started having a "Constructive" laugh there days, with a serious "well meant" side to your humour.

Sure, some can take offence, but you do not seem to be too malicious in intent with your comments. I also feel you have an interest in bettering Bedlington as a whole, whereas Monsta seems to just want to nuke the place.

I find Monstas comments to be degrading to the poster, the town and the website as a whole.

That's my opinion, and it is given because it was asked for.

My personal opinion is at this moment in time, you would do a much better job.

As for a poker night, (getting back to the topic, this being TOTT and not Chat Central) Would anyone on the forum be interested in coming along?

If so, What style would you like to see? and would you be willing to pay a small admission fee? or is free poker your thing?

Does anyone know if small stake poker is allowed in pubs? or is this kind of gambling not covered by the entertainment license?

Personally, i'd like to see a 9 person, texas hold-em style game, with a £5 buy in.

£25 to winner

£10 to second place

£5 to third.

£5 to the pubs charity.

What night would you be able to attend? (or possibly daytime...)

A Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday or Sunday is good for me.

I'll contact the Wharton and see if we can have their back room one night. This would rule out Mondays and Saturdays though, due to bar opening, and Darts Night.

I don't think blatantly putting down the town and all suggestions to make it even slightly better is a good attitude for a moderator of the website portraying the town.

In my opinion, you "sometimes" fit into that criteria, although to be fair to you, it seems you have turned a corner and started having a "Constructive" laugh there days, with a serious "well meant" side to your humour.

Sure, some can take offence, but you do not seem to be too malicious in intent with your comments. I also feel you have an interest in bettering Bedlington as a whole, whereas Monsta seems to just want to nuke the place.

I find Monstas comments to be degrading to the poster, the town and the website as a whole.

As for a poker night, (getting back to the topic, this being TOTT and not Chat Central) Would anyone on the forum be interested in coming along?

If so, What style would you like to see? and would you be willing to pay a small admission fee? or is free poker your thing?

Does anyone know if small stake poker is allowed in pubs? or is this kind of gambling not covered by the entertainment license?

Personally, i'd like to see a 9 person, texas hold-em style game, with a £5 buy in.

£25 to winner

£10 to second place

£5 to third.

£5 to the pubs charity.

I'll contact the Wharton and see if we can have their back room one night. This would rule out Mondays and Saturdays though, due to bar opening, and Darts Night.

I`m not entirely sure if you should be encouraging gambling on here..maybe a different site would suit it better..Facebook maybe?

• Like 1

Better answer, but the tone is still there.

Thankyou for the information, i shall enquire.

[offtopic]

@Merlin

Have you considered a moderators job? you seem to meet the criteria!

[/offtopic]

please encode your posts properly it make the place look a right mess! [offtopic] please it dont exist!

£25 to winner

£10 to second place

£5 to third.

£5 to the pubs charity.

to be honest i couldn't give a flying !*!@# ! and who the !*!@# would want to play poker with a dumby spitter!

I`m not entirely sure if you should be encouraging gambling on here..maybe a different site would suit it better..Facebook maybe?

or www.mothercare.co.uk! they stock the latest in high powered dumbies! :lol:

If the poker night entrance is free, then that solves that problem. The entry fee was mearly a suggestion.

Another suggestion would be a daft £1 entry, with all proceeds going to charity.

It would be acceptable to me just to have a game of 0 stakes, with maybe a donated novelty cup for the winner?

Ideas are welcome.

Perhaps before I post I should check my spelling and grammar too ?

It may save me looking a little silly when trying to make a point.

Now we know monsta is out, does anyone else wish to show an interest?

I have 4 (including myself) available on a Sunday afternoon so far.

I have not yet secured a venue.

Count me out to as I not for gambling and its to far to travel :jump:

Edited by Pete

Lol pete, yeah, it may be a little too far for you :D

There we go Malcolm! I knew I could count on you!

If there was a few people interested, i'd donate the cup/shield myself!

Enough space for 52 winners names, and a "keepable" cup for the yearly winner?

Sounds like it may be a plan!

Even if you're not interested in coming along, i'd be interested to hear if people play, either via Facebook or other areas.

I'm doing quite well on the Sky Poker site at the moment. Well, I have more than I started with anyway!

Be interesting to play is a face to face situation though, as i've never played like that yet.

I'm pretty sure that playing cards for money in a public house isn't on. Mr Darn, if you find anywhere count me in I'm up for a game with the sort of pot you mentioned. I'm someone who actually likes people, rather than spending all my life with machines.

You've never played face to face eh! Have you only played reach around :dribble: :dribble:

LMAO! Yeah, their breath stinks!

I'd be more than happy to pay into a pot that goes to a local charity.

Merc, i'd be happy to have you along.

Well, if you're in, then that's a 5 player table. Any day better for you than others?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now