Hide Adverts
tomtom

Like: The Market Tavern

Nice to see the Market Tavern with a fresh coat of paint and new signage - it looks great but what is it like inside - I went in there a few years ago and was not impressed.

When i am home i love a pint in the tavern, come to think of it i love pint anywhere i was in Auckland NZ on the weekend and i sampled a pint or two the Steinlager is excellent.

wonder if there going to lower there prices to compete with wetherspoons?

Why should they?

The Tavern offers something wetherspoons does not: Entertainment.

Worth a little extra on a pint to watch a live band or have a game of pool in my opinion.

They should, however, either get a new pool table and maintain it, or drop the price of it. 50p a game is a little steep in my opinion, whereas the Sports Club in Blyth has 2 great tables, and they are only 20p a pop.

Why should they?

The Tavern offers something wetherspoons does not: Entertainment.

Worth a little extra on a pint to watch a live band or have a game of pool in my opinion.

They should, however, either get a new pool table and maintain it, or drop the price of it. 50p a game is a little steep in my opinion, whereas the Sports Club in Blyth has 2 great tables, and they are only 20p a pop.

because they'll lose trade!

and what happens if the lion gets a pool table?

and personally i find the bands at the tavern suck! might be nice to have a pub were you dont get deafened by crap bands that can't sing! or listening to chava music with its non stop three cord tune!

rather watch back to back repeats of.......

because they'll lose trade!

Don't be daft!

Wetherspoons will never get the trade from the Tavern. They might go up there for a pint, but they will return to the Tavern afterwards. The people that go there, do so because they like what the tavern has to offer.

Its the same reason i used to go to Movies when the topless barmaids were serving. :dribble:

Although they were not exactly my cup of tea, they still had assets i was interested in, and myself and the other porves even paid an extra nickel for XXXXX!

and what happens if the lion gets a pool table?

They wont. They only have machines in there that come with their own licence. That's one of the reasons they remain cheep to run. They allow others to put entertainment machines in their pubs and charge them a 'rent' of sorts. they have to provide their own gambling license or whatever it is that's needed. they do not have an entertainment licence at all, hence why there is no music.

If they do, Good! even more reason to drop the price and improve the quality of the other tables in the area.

and personally i find the bands at the tavern suck! might be nice to have a pub were you dont get deafened by crap bands that can't sing! or listening to chava music with its non stop three cord tune!

Of course, how could i be so stupid?!?

I forgot everyone had the same tastes, and that all pubs should be exactly the same. i mean, there just is not anywhere else to go in Bedlington! How dare they put music on in that one pub that's not to your taste !

:blink::|

You'd think will all the pubs being so crap and empty, there would be at least one that someone had not put a quid in the Jukebox of!:withstupid: