Vote For Bedlington For Faster Broadband

Stephen

I work for BT so I know this looks like a plug for my employer, but I think this could be good for Bedlington.

BT is running a "Race to Infinity" until the end of this year, where you can vote if you want your town to have faster fibre-based broadband. BT have said that they will roll this out to the top 5 exchanges earlier than otherwise planned. For info, without being bumped up the list then Bedlington would have to wait until after December 2011 at the earliest.

It might seem like a remote chance that we'll end up in the top 5 but bear in mind that many larger towns and city centres are ineligible as they already have dates for faster broadband. Also, even if we were outside the top 5 but we got a couple of thousand votes then BT (or TalkTalk who will roll out their own service on BT exchanges) will go where the interest is.

So please take a minute or two to vote for Bedlington and ask your friends and family in Bedlington to do it too.

• 3 weeks later...

I done this yesterday, and today, when i put my comp on, i found that it had been hijacked by BTOpenzone and BTFon!

I never gave them permission for this, all i did was vote for Bedlington. I`m not even with BT for broadband, i`m with AOL. After this i might be getting my line rental off AOL too.

Not impressed <_<

Hmm.. to be #1 we need 2800 votes, and we have seventy odd! With the level of social cohesion we have here I can't see this happening this millennium. If you had a team of several hundred highly motivated door-knockers it would be still be touch and go.

Always worth trying - someone has to - but from my own point of view I wouldn't give BT Internet the time of day since they literally stole over £100 out of our account some years back. Sounds like this level of trust is relicated amongst BCOUK workers too!

Brave try, but can we try someting easier first, like.. launching our own Mars probe? :D

http://discovermagazine.com/2007/space/how-to-assemble-rover

• 5 months later...

I'm hoping this isn't a mistake, as I've never seen Bedlington exchange in any previous lists, but apparently we will be enabled for fibre to the cabinet broadband this June. I know BT had planning applications in for new cabinets recently, so it might be true.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now