Not Just Liverpool, Bedlington To

Pete

I love this story, it's just the sort of cranky thing a rich yank would do. Good for him and hope it brings some welcome funds to the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't someone post on the board about buying some BS title a good while back? Now if he'd though to mention in passing that he was a millionaire we'd have told him... errm...

If you are reading this m'lud please come back, we didn't mean to take the !*!@# . You need to understand that it's an ancient imitation ceremony that all Bedlington gentry are required to go through.

In order to validate your title of Honourable Sir of Bedlington County it's necessary to sign this small rectangular - but mostly blank - bit of paper bearing the letters patent (H.S.B.C.) in the lower right-hand corner; then stand on the ancient Market Cross and proclaim to everyone on the Front Street the traditional cry "The pints are on me!". You will then be taken by your grateful subjects on a guided tour of all the places of interest in your realm - thus completing the time-honoured ceremony.

Didn't someone post on the board about buying some BS title a good while back? Now if he'd though to mention in passing that he was a millionaire we'd have told him... errm...

If you are reading this m'lud please come back, we didn't mean to take the !*!@# . You need to understand that it's an ancient imitation ceremony that all Bedlington gentry are required to go through.

In order to validate your title of Honourable Sir of Bedlington County it's necessary to sign this small rectangular - but mostly blank - bit of paper bearing the letters patent (H.S.B.C.) in the lower right-hand corner; then stand on the ancient Market Cross and proclaim to everyone on the Front Street the traditional cry "The pints are on me!". You will then be taken by your grateful subjects on a guided tour of all the places of interest in your realm - thus completing the time-honoured ceremony.

He may have bought the title but he is showing interest in Bedlington which is more that NCC have done acording to many posts on this web site.

The Bedlington Terrier dog is very popular in the USA, with its own web site(www.bedlingtonamerica.com). Therefore I guess most americans would have heard of Bedlington via the breed of the dog, but not really knowing much about the place.

You never know Bedlington could become a tourist attraction, but maybe not !!!

The Bedlington Terrier was the feature dog at a New York dog show last week (according to our local newspaper)

Vic, looking at the Bedlington Terrier dog clubs around the world there seems to be an untapped market for Bedlington thats never been capitalies on.

Hi all

To make sure you know the fact's.

The billionaire is sponsoring the Home and away strips.

He is not buying the club (which would be nice). All he is doing is selling replica merchandise that we sell in the new clubshop on his own corporate site in the States.

As far as i am aware, he will be visiting Welfare Park again in december sometime.

I will keep this forum upto date as what is happening, or pop along and have a chat in the clubhouse :)

• 3 months later...

Here`s a video from the CNN news site of Mr Rich`s recent visit to Bedlington. He`s been having a walk down the Front Street too, so hopefully, after seeing all the empty shops, he might dip his hand further in his pockets and donate a bit more :D (i can dream)

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/sports/2011/01/25/thomas.bedlington.soccer.hero.cnn

• Like 1

Here`s a video from the CNN news site of Mr Rich`s recent visit to Bedlington. He`s been having a walk down the Front Street too, so hopefully, after seeing all the empty shops, he might dip his hand further in his pockets and donate a bit more :D (i can dream)

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?/video/sports/2011/01/25/thomas.bedlington.soccer.hero.cnn

You never know Cympil dreams sometimes do come true. He seems to be a genuine guy and has acording to news reports paid £30,000 for an electronic score board which could produce revenue through advertising. Good luck to the Terriers it could be the begining of something good for them.

Edited by Pete

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now