Tesco

normaL

A representative from Tesco will be attending the next Town Council meeting (Thursday 14th October at the Salvation Army at 6pm) and giving a short presentation about their plans at the start of the meeting.

Edited by Stephen
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Pete Tesco now own the car park! After they rebuild, the car park will be customer parking only 2hrs. Wansbeck don't exist any more! Northumberland County Council (Coonsil) are still looking into parking charges across Bedlington, but it will happen at some point.

Pete Tesco now own the car park! After they rebuild, the car park will be customer parking only 2hrs. Wansbeck don't exist any more! Northumberland County Council (Coonsil) are still looking into parking charges across Bedlington, but it will happen at some point.

I remember watching WallMart the movie and the tactics they employ to take over the comunity where they site their supermarkets, seems Tesco are no different.

So will there be anywhere to park in Bedlington that Tesco's do not own or is this a further shunt into oblivion for Bedlington.

And hears me thinking Bedlington Mechanics still played there on the weekend :lol:

The biggest supermarket groups look to be trying to take over everyone's lives from cradle to grave as they expand away from their core activities. Banking, insurance, funerals etc. Expect a Tesco village or hospital wing somewhere near you soon!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/property/propertynews/7633824/Tesco-mini-village-building-plans-will-make-it-more-powerful-than-government.html

Loosing this car park for universal parking will inevitably result in pressure and overflow on the other two small sites and what is the rider NCC attach to their introduction of parking charges, there has to be demonstrable need for parking space. Overflowing free car parks just ramp up the likelihood of charges being introduced!

This will also result in even more thoughtless parking and the back streets will become rat runs! Again NCC can hold hand on heart and say they are trying to sort out problem parking by painting yellow lines everywhere and forcing people into paying car parks. Considering they are about to take over the roles of traffic wardens and start issuing tickets council seems to hold all the cards!

There are to be public meetings about the NCC parking strategy and here are the dates and venues. Interesting to see Bedders not on the list but the Partnership is trying to rectify that!

Morpeth – Monday 1st November, Corn Exchange, Morpeth Town Hall

Hexham – Monday 15th November, Council Chamber, Prospect House, Hexham

Berwick – Thursday 18th November, The Guildhall, Berwick

Ashington – Monday 22nd November, Bothal Suite, Ashington Leisure Centre, Ashington

Blyth – Tuesday 23rd November, Briardale Community Centre, Blyth .

Cramlington – Thursday 25th November, Cramlington Community Centre

Alnwick – Monday 29th November, Council Chamber, Alnwick

• 2 weeks later...

Malcolm, I saw the plans on the planning portal a couple of months ago... were these approved?

Any dates etc would be of interest as Monsta points out... and no Monsta, I have no idea about the old Terrier site.

I noticed the roof is completely gone from Elliots... PLEASE tell me they aren't going to leave the place like that... it was already an eye sore. It looks like a bloody bomb site now!

I passed the old Terrier site this morning, and there was a JCB and a few vans in there and digging.

Dont know what they were doing, but looks like they were marking the area out as well

see them too! they were by the looks of things getting core samples, must be working out the foundation requirements!

Malcolm, I saw the plans on the planning portal a couple of months ago... were these approved?

Any dates etc would be of interest as Monsta points out... and no Monsta, I have no idea about the old Terrier site.

I noticed the roof is completely gone from Elliots... PLEASE tell me they aren't going to leave the place like that... it was already an eye sore. It looks like a bloody bomb site now!

Hillbilly,

Been trying to find out the position regarding Tescos and planning permissions. Next planning meeting is 16th this month so if they haven't got the go ahead I presume they will get it then.

Think monsta nailed the terrier site, care home for special needs.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now