Big Cat

Merlin

Told by a golf mate that early Thursday morning, while playing a four ball, they were walking down the ninth fairway, when he looked up he told his mates to stop still and look on the tenth tee box, he asked them 'Tell me I'm not seeing things' They all looked and told him 'No mate you're seeing things.' There sitting on the tee box was a big cat light brown in colour about Lynx size.

Now has anyone else heard of this. My mate sounds genuine and not usually the sort for a wind up. What do you think. Can there be any truth in this? Or should I start braying like a donkey now :fish:

Told by a golf mate that early Thursday morning, while playing a four ball, they were walking down the ninth fairway, when he looked up he told his mates to stop still and look on the tenth tee box, he asked them 'Tell me I'm not seeing things' They all looked and told him 'No mate you're seeing things.' There sitting on the tee box was a big cat light brown in colour about Lynx size.

Now has anyone else heard of this. My mate sounds genuine and not usually the sort for a wind up. What do you think. Can there be any truth in this? Or should I start braying like a donkey now :fish:

Had they been on the brown ale? :jump:

Nice one Malc and Pete :lol: :lol: Feel a bit of a meerkat myself :D

Anyway I saw him again last night and passed on your comments, can't print his reply, yes......yes....even me! He is adamant that what he and his mates saw was a big cat similar in size to a Lynx and light brown in colour. Now then we know we have no bananas oops big cats native in Britain, so if it was a big cat it must be an escapee from somewhere. So here is a picture of a Lynx. Just so you know what it looks like when it jumps oot the hedge an tries to do a dracula on ye!

img650x367.jpg

Already got my lynx cuddly toys on order and booked a stall on the market Malcolm. Also been in touch with Golf Club to organise big cat safari's :lol: :lol:

Book me a place on that one Merlin, I will look forward to the Bedlington Big Cat hunt :D

Edited by Pete

About a year ago driving back from the Metty with MrsVic we (or should I say she) had a sighting near Hartford Hall. Driving along she starts shouting 'There's a beast, theres a beast, in the field' so she then procedued to try and do a 180 (into on coming traffic) but then decided to drive on and find a safer place to turn. After turning around and getting back to where she saw 'the beast' she jumped out that car and went towards the woods. Turns out there was a man there walking his black labrador! :whistle:

Already got my lynx cuddly toys on order and booked a stall on the market Malcolm. Also been in touch with Golf Club to organise big cat safari's :lol: :lol:

do you think it would be O.K to use your own shotgun on the safari Merlin post-212-079689500 1286240328_thumb.jpg

Brian sorry but you would be restricted in the choice of weapons you could use. The choice would be between a Driver or low calibre irons :lol: All depends which would offer you the greatest chance of a 'Slice' :blink: Oh! And falling that a bluddy good pair of trainers :D

Malcolm that picture must have been taken some years ago, looks like the cooncil were still in charge :lol: It's in fantastic condition now!

I hate to be the one to post a serious answer to this, it's just not me! A number of years ago was walking the dog down the path that rund by The Burn, next to teh Hazlemere estate. Dog, medium sized Border Collie, was fifty yards in front and stopped dead looking ahead. Around the corner, another fifty or more yards away, was a bloody big cat - about the size of the dog - that was black or dark brown in colour. It watched us for a moment then sloped off into the undergrowth; we went looking but couldn't find it, although the dog was keen. I have cats, it wasn't a domestic tabby.

Im bringing my Diana 27 Brian, just oiled the spring ready for the big day and I have dusted off my dear stalker hat.

Who is this Diana Pete is she a sporting sort of girl .........all oiled up and all :shifty:

Brian :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mercury, When I started this topic I was a serious! If there are big cats roaming around we need to identify them to judge how dangerous they are to us poor dinner on legs humans. I don't claim to be any wildlife expert but, my general education tells me that they don't want a lot to do with us, and will run away long before you get near them, but can be mighty dangerous if they feel threatened!

I have heard of this black cat before over the burn, but this from some Choppington lads while exercising :whistle: their lurchers and jack russel's early in the morning.

Merc it's not like me to be serious either, but I am enjoying the way this thread is going. Cheers

Brian :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mercury, When I started this topic I was a serious! If there are big cats roaming around we need to identify them to judge how dangerous they are to us poor dinner on legs humans. I don't claim to be any wildlife expert but, my general education tells me that they don't want a lot to do with us, and will run away long before you get near them, but can be mighty dangerous if they feel threatened!

I have heard of this black cat before over the burn, but this from some Choppington lads while exercising :whistle: their lurchers and jack russel's early in the morning.

Merc it's not like me to be serious either, but I am enjoying the way this thread is going. Cheers

I was deadly serious Merlin - it was there, and it was certainly not a domestic cat. The dog would have chased one, but he hung back from this one. I think you're right in that they are adept at keeping themselves to themselves.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now