Dslr Recommendations.

Brett

Okay here goes....

Narrowly missed out on a second hand Nikon D60 body with kit lens the start of this year for £260 as the guy was upgrading to the D90. Anyway spent the money elsewhere.

Now Im torn between a few things and a bit if advice is on the cards.

I'm definitely going DSLR as I already have a point and shoot which gets taken out and about most places. I was offered the second hand body of the Canon 500D but not sure what is happening on this.

We have since booked a holiday to Florida and we're not sure what the prices are like for electronics over there. We want a camera for going away but would like to know if it is worth getting one before we go or take the money and get it over there and more for our money??

Been looking at the D60's, D90's a bit steep for our price range and been looking at the same spec alternatives but not too sure what to go for.

• Like 1

Ah another David Bailey type! :rolleyes:

Can't give you any advice on camera backs or fronts or bottoms or tops but you'd near certainly do better to buy it in the US of A, providing it isn't going to need an EU warranty repair AND you can get it past HM Customs without getting stung for VAT and import duty.

Me? At about the three megapixel mark I bowed out of the expensive camera thing. It's the shot that matters. Most often life delivers you only one opporunity, and you can easily fluk it trying to get the numbers right. My new phone is better than the best digital cameras of ten years ago, and it's always on and always with me.

Ah another David Bailey type! :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with being arty farty :)

Can't give you any advice on camera backs or fronts or bottoms or tops but you'd near certainly do better to buy it in the US of A, providing it isn't going to need an EU warranty repair AND you can get it past HM Customs without getting stung for VAT and import duty.

Well I am going to be over there for three weeks so it would be with the intention of getting it charged up and running whilst I was over there so it would just look like I had taken it with me. I don't know how thorough the checks are leaving the US. Best have a shave so I dont get stopped for looking slightly middle eastern :unsure:

Me? At about the three megapixel mark I bowed out of the expensive camera thing. It's the shot that matters. Most often life delivers you only one opporunity, and you can easily fluk it trying to get the numbers right. My new phone is better than the best digital cameras of ten years ago, and it's always on and always with me.

Yeah like I said we've already got a point and shoot which goes around with us and the camera on my phone but for the more glamorous shot I want something a bit better with good video capture.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now