The Traffic In And Out Of Meadowdale Middle School

debrad65

... I also notice that you have dispensed with the services of lolly pop man at said entrance! ...

The School Crossing Patrol provision is still in place at this site. The "lollipop man" requested being relocated to a less busy site, perfectly understandable, as it's too stressful, and I think we all fear that it's a ticking time-bomb and we're just waiting for the casualties or deaths to prompt a quick, fuller, and more appropriate solution to the ongoing traffic problems.

The "lollipop man" is still employed nearby, and the resultant vacancy awaits a very brave individual...!

Why be brave? Give him a black hat with a yellow band then Hey Presto (Netto's ,Tesco etc etc) stop the traffic with one hand, dish the tickets with the other! Bet NCC didn't think of that, eh! One man, two jobs and one pay! See saved and made them a fortune and I'm not really trying. Gis a job, ah can dee that!!!!! :dribble: :dribble:

Note: Not the 'Lolly pop job' Mwahahahaha!!!!!

Edited by Merlin

Merlin,

NCC have already thought of that one, and it's probably still on the cards, but it had to be pointed out that if they make traffic wardens self-funding, their pay has to be relative to their ticket issuances, any warden doing a good job will make himself or herself redundant! (Or is the whole exercise just another stealth tax?) Also making 'Lollipop men' traffic wardens wouldn't actually tackle one of the main problems, inconsiderate parking at school times, as they would be already doing a job of work which necessitates their fulltime attention.

BTW, just been informed that of the people who registered an interest in taking up Lollipop duties, none turned up for interviews so one of the worst school crossings in the county remains unmanned!

Merlin,

NCC have already thought of that one, and it's probably still on the cards, but it had to be pointed out that if they make traffic wardens self-funding, their pay has to be relative to their ticket issuances, any warden doing a good job will make himself or herself redundant! (Or is the whole exercise just another stealth tax?) Also making 'Lollipop men' traffic wardens wouldn't actually tackle one of the main problems, inconsiderate parking at school times, as they would be already doing a job of work which necessitates their fulltime attention.

BTW, just been informed that of the people who registered an interest in taking up Lollipop duties, none turned up for interviews so one of the worst school crossings in the county remains unmanned!

I could help the little darlings to cross the road. A well aimed brick , rather than a ticket, would be better to deter inconsiderate parking........ there you go, problem solved. :devil:

• 1 month later...

Reversing out of back Ridge Terrace on Wed afternoon I was met with severe blasting of a car horn, so I pulled up blocking the ENTRANCE of Bennies/St Bedes to be confronted by an irate lady driver who was gesticulating with her hands. Being the mild mannered person that I am I wound the window down and asked her what her !*!@# problem was and could she !*!@# read? 'I was coming out and you reversed straight in front of me,you weren't looking' was her reply. 'I shouldn't have to look, because it's no !*!@# exit and you're driving the wrong !*!@# way, on a one !*!@# way system' I then pointed out the No Exit signs and the one way signs but she couldn't grasp what I was on about and was still adamant that I was in the wrong! A few expletives later I gave up and drove off having to avoid all the cars parked on the yellow lines either side of the No Waiting signs on the entrance to back Ridge Terrace. Yes NCC you really put the frighteners on people parking there didn't you. MUPPETS :dribble: :dribble:

Reversing out of back Ridge Terrace on Wed afternoon I was met with severe blasting of a car horn, so I pulled up blocking the ENTRANCE of Bennies/St Bedes to be confronted by an irate lady driver who was gesticulating with her hands. Being the mild mannered person that I am I wound the window down and asked her what her !*!@# problem was and could she !*!@# read? 'I was coming out and you reversed straight in front of me,you weren't looking' was her reply. 'I shouldn't have to look, because it's no !*!@# exit and you're driving the wrong !*!@# way, on a one !*!@# way system' I then pointed out the No Exit signs and the one way signs but she couldn't grasp what I was on about and was still adamant that I was in the wrong! A few expletives later I gave up and drove off having to avoid all the cars parked on the yellow lines either side of the No Waiting signs on the entrance to back Ridge Terrace. Yes NCC you really put the frighteners on people parking there didn't you. MUPPETS :dribble: :dribble:

Merlin,your wasting your time complaining,at a meeting this week it was suggested that there should be MORE yellow lines painted on the road along there.I can't see the point of yellow lines when the one's that are already in place are ignored throughout the town. As I've said in previous posts, the hotspot of illegal and dangerous parking is within 50 yards of the police station and nowts done so what chance have you got.

In a way foxy I wish she had crashed into me, it would have been interesting to hear what the local Polis had to say! I say 'local' loosely as they haven't a clue about Bedlington. There were some persons vandalising St Bedes one night so I phoned the law, 45 mins later no sign of law,thought they weren't coming so set off to Netto's for my beer only to find two coppers climbing the fence into West End School! The mind boggles :dribble: :dribble:

Some of the problems though are caused by the bonkers insistence that the buses drop the Benet's children off on the school grounds. Parents at St Bede's have raised the issue and even asked to see the piece of paper which prevents the buses from going behind the ridge and dropping off at the main gates. Yet to see that. Elf and safety gone mad. The option of bricking up the entrance doesn't help as the only other access to bedes is down Catholic Row which is too narrow for emergency vehicles. Buses for school trips, swimming etc bit of a problem. don't think the idea of the buses stopping on the approach to the Red Lion and letting 100 small children off on the main road is going to acceptable to that many people. The idea of those metal bumps that let you drive in one way but not out are a good idea. Banning the Benet's sixth formers from driving to school might be a start as well.......

DDR, the problem of the buses turning into the St Bedes entrance has been discussed on here and most people said why don't they widen the entrance at the ridge farm end and build a turning circle outside reception at Bennies, thus stopping the buses having to squeeze through the St Bedes entrance!

Not only is banning 6th formers a good idea but banning parents as well, is also a good idea! Also Banning anyone connected with the school from parking in and around front and back Ridge Terrace, also getting people to read road signs would also be a good idea. This is a good Sign to learn 'NO EXIT' another one is 'ONE WAY' I would say that driving the wrong way in a one way system AND exiting a no exit on the same road should get you a £60 fine and a minimum 3 points if ENFORCED by our beloved Cooncil/Polis as they enforce it on every other road in the county! :dribble: :dribble:

• 3 months later...

Six weeks of pure bliss! No parents, teachers or sixth formers clogging up the entrance to St Bedes (Ridge Terrace). Big sigh! Wait a minute what about the clubs that are run during the holidays? AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! OH! NO! There's a thousand yes a thousand more pupils due at Bennies after the holidays. Even if one in ten parents bring their kids to school in a car that's an extra one hundred cars and if only fifty percent park that's fifty cars looking for a parking space around Bennies :wtf: I/WE the residents have no chance! Doom Doom and more DOOM :wacko: :wacko:

Six weeks of pure bliss! No parents, teachers or sixth formers clogging up the entrance to St Bedes (Ridge Terrace). Big sigh! Wait a minute what about the clubs that are run during the holidays? AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH! OH! NO! There's a thousand yes a thousand more pupils due at Bennies after the holidays. Even if one in ten parents bring their kids to school in a car that's an extra one hundred cars and if only fifty percent park that's fifty cars looking for a parking space around Bennies :wtf: I/WE the residents have no chance! Doom Doom and more DOOM :wacko: :wacko:

Cheer up Merlin mate, you have all of those old ladies to wrestle with when they try to get out the wrong way again. :withstupid:

There is one very funny aspect to all these 'old ladies' coming out of the school, that is when they turn into the back street and zoom up the lane only to find they can't get out! It's hilarious watching them trying to reverse back out, even better when they see me watching and laughing at them scraping their wing mirrors off the fence, some of them even try to do a forty point turn :dribble: :dribble:

• 1 month later...

Well the new starters are here and the silly season starts again, no I'm not on about the kids I'm on about their stupid parents! After every summer holiday I have to re-train the whole bloody lot of them. Excuse me madam, but why the f*** are you parked in the middle of the lane?, 'Well kind sir if I park next to the wall I can't get the passenger door open to get the kids out', 'Well park next to the wall and let them out of your door and then maybe people who live here can get in and out of the lane!', 'But I'll only be two minutes', ' Yeah! Well I'll just park here in front of you and I'll only be eight hours since I just finished night shift and I'm going to bed, good enough for you?', 'You can't do that', 'Wanna bet! Leave ya car there missus an you'll find out, won't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last'

When I had the Merc Sprinter, that was the best, I parked it across the entrance to the back lane at 8.45 and didn't move it for an hour, needless to say the five cars parked in the back lane didn't park there again :dribble: :dribble:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Ya havin a Giraffe who would want to live next door to you and that noisy bloody Alfie, barks at nowt that damn thing keeps waking me up when I'm in that stupid shift..........errrrrrrrr I didn't say that just delete that last bit whoop whoop. Say nowt or I'll tell ya fatha! I must say it's took you a person of high intelligence a good ten year to work it out. Tell ya m8 any car park any time!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now