Alnwick

Chianti

Welcome home A! :):):)

How long before we see an "Our Friends Up North" Forum I wonder? Have you noted the Personal Messaging facility - no expense has been spared! ;)

The old administrator sends his regards, and assures you that there will be no more BS! :lol:

No more Broadsword! :o

Thanks for the welcome back.

Finally a familiar name. But werent you living on the Clyde somewhere? Did your daughter ever succeed in joining the RAF. And I suppose that in Alnwick you can still have chickens and dogs and kids and such!

Hope all goes well for you, now if only we could find Swallnalla somewhere. I havent heard from or talked to him for a couple of years now. But then, I moved too!

Hi Joe

gosh yes - Swalnalla, what about Meths aswell! Then there was Strattelli. or strattocaster or something!

I am still on the Clyde, eldest daughter doing 3rd year of degree at dundee - Abertay uni.

I still have one chicken and a dog!

great that you are still about

talk again soon .......

Hi Joe,

I remember swallnalla well, there used to be some very good debates when he was around.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement

I think one of the old chatboard members was called satan or devil a young fellow, and swallnalla used to give him a hard time as did everyone else.

Hope this board gets back to how the old one was, I used to look forward to getting online.

Hi Joe,

I remember swallnalla well, there used to be some very good debates when he was around.

Hope you are enjoying your retirement

I think one of the old chatboard members was called satan or devil a young fellow, and swallnalla used to give him a hard time as did everyone else.

Hope this board gets back to how the old one was, I used to look forward to getting online.

thank you Colonel and hello to Jean

wish I could remember the members user names! :lol:

wish I could remember the members user names! :lol:

Probably no need to. An, at least partial, restore is probably possible. We're working on it!

Yes I'm still alive Joe, back in the UK 1092.gif How is your 'left foot'?

The Phoenix arises!

Good to know you are still in this world, I am pleased, but there may be a couple of others who will not share the sentiment.

As for me, I am still slogging along. Every now and then the leg kicks back, and I find myself back on a hospital bed for another enforced vacation. But you know how it is. You get too ambitious, and fate slaps you back into reality. But pretty good for now.

So, you are back in the UK again. How does that fit in your scheme of things? We moved to Calgary in May of this year. My wife wanted to retire early. And I thought it would be better that she be closer to the kids. So here we are, looking at the Rockies, ignoring Klein and other assorted Rednecks, but generally enjoying life.

Hope all goes well with and for you.

I await to see what you post next. It should be lively!

Joe

The Phoenix arises!

Good to know you are still in this world, I am pleased, but there may be a couple of others who will not share the sentiment.

As for me, I am still slogging along. Every now and then the leg kicks back, and I find myself back on a hospital bed for another enforced vacation. But you know how it is. You get too ambitious, and fate slaps you back into reality. But pretty good for now.

So, you are back in the UK again. How does that fit in your scheme of things? We moved to Calgary in May of this year. My wife wanted to retire early. And I thought it would be better that she be closer to the kids. So here we are, looking at the Rockies, ignoring Klein and other assorted Rednecks, but generally enjoying life.

Hope all goes well with and for you.

I await to see what you post next. It should be lively!

Joe

Yes Joe, back in the UK, inevitable I suppose all things considered, I was really struggling to settle in Canada some of the reasons you are probably aware of. Been back here now since April 04, live in a tiny bungalow without a view, no dog or garden and no drivethroughs where I can grab a double/double. But I like it, it's home, I see my daughter and grandkids anytime I like now, after ten years absence that is a luxury for me.

Glad to hear you are ok and I look forward to seeing more of your postings fam21.gif

Yes Joe, back in the UK, inevitable I suppose all things considered, I was really struggling to settle in Canada some of the reasons you are probably aware of. Been back here now since April 04, live in a tiny bungalow without a view, no dog or garden and no drivethroughs where I can grab a double/double. But I like it, it's home, I see my daughter and grandkids anytime I like now, after ten years absence that is a luxury for me.

Glad to hear you are ok and I look forward to seeing more of your postings fam21.gif

Ah, you must be in Acklington Prison.....

"Chianti...Swalnalla...Strattele....Lorna...Brinkburn Priory...The Dirty Bottles. Can you hear me Dirty Bottles? Your boys just took one hell of a beating!"

Or rather, hats off to Hexham for capturing the prestigious Country Life "Best Market Town in Britain 2005" pennant.

Appositely enough, it was around the time the old board went "off the air" that Alnwick last won this award. Was it a boon or a bugbear? Did it change your lives? Or was it just a load of hooey?

Hi Swalnella,

I am fine thanks, but we have been having very bad storms the last few days, it just makes it all the much hotter when they finally clear. I hope this xmas is not like the last couple of years the temp was around 40C on the day and my aircon was working overtime.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Swalnella,

I am fine thanks, but we have been having very bad storms the last few days, it just makes it all the much hotter when they finally clear. I hope this xmas is not like the last couple of years the temp was around 40C on the day and my aircon was working overtime.

We have hardly any hours of daylight here! Wonder what's going on. Keep thinking the clocks are wrong. Got central heating on nearly all day - sometimes all night. Depending who's home. Thank god for hot water bottles :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now