1 In Every 36 £ Coins Is Now A Fake!

The problem is getting worse by the week.

The lousy and uneven milled edge is the give-away, with the cross on the edge often missing or poorly marked. And when you turn them between your thumb and index finger the faces of the fakes seldom line-up with each other.

Many of the fakes are poorly stamped - way off center, and not at all distinct. And the lettering on the edge is often in a PLAIN typeface that has no SERIF, and is just too sharp.

• 3 years later...

Hi Threegee!

Aav just reluctantly passed wat lukked like a fake £2 coin,ti the lass on thi till at me local Supamarket.

A say reluctantly,cos a was on me way ti thi bank at Blyth,and a was gaana ask if it WAS a fake,when a pulled it oot me pocket wi other change,and away it went,afore a realised!

Like yi say,it was stamped off-centre,rubbish-like,was very sharp-edged,bright yellow,with a distinctly different soond when dropped onti the bench.

Only one aav ivvor seen,mind!

Hi Threegee!

Aav just reluctantly passed wat lukked like a fake £2 coin,ti the lass on thi till at me local Supamarket.

A say reluctantly,cos a was on me way ti thi bank at Blyth,and a was gaana ask if it WAS a fake,when a pulled it oot me pocket wi other change,and away it went,afore a realised!

Like yi say,it was stamped off-centre,rubbish-like,was very sharp-edged,bright yellow,with a distinctly different soond when dropped onti the bench.

Only one aav ivvor seen,mind!

Should cash in that old Donkey Jacket with the holes in Bill stops you losing your money :lol: .

• 4 months later...

So what took so long?  Apparently it's one in every 30 £1 coins now!

_73677017_coins.jpg

Sounds like these are a boon for blind people too, who struggled to tell the £1 from a 2p.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now