101 Reasons Not To Invest In Bedlington By Northumberland County Council

I just posted this on another thread and thought I would post it again as a new thread of its own... I am soooooooo frustrated with this!!

Here is the original post...

I cannot believe that the council or anyone else for that matter is making an issue out of the available parking as a reason to limit investment in the town!

Don't they get it… NO ONE COMES TO BEDLINGTON ANYMORE!!! don't they understand that? - What a great problem it would be if it was real... A street packed with punters and cars coming from miles around to visit the multitude of retail establishments overflowing with every consumable known to man!

Really... the council needs to stop putting ridiculous obstacles in the way... investment isn't easy to come by at the moment and for the first time in the history of our town we have 3 major retailers; Asda, Tesco and Witherspoons trying to move into the town and the bl**dy council is thinking of every excuses they can from Parking spaces to Bats nests, to try and stop them!

FOR GOODNESS SAKE NORTHUMBERLAND COUNCIL, PULL YOURSELVES TOGETHER!???? Surely you can see how you can make a difference to the future odf the town, in a way that Wansbeck District Council failed to do!

***Sorry for the rant, but this is just an absolutely ridiculous situation for this town to be in

Jim,

I really get what you are saying overall and heartedly agree, I just don't understand the 'available parking as a reason to limit investment in the town' bit? Were/are NCC investing in the Town, have they even got any plans to? I know there is a group trying to make that happen but it's a bit like moving a sand dune with a fork!

Are you having a go at possible parking charges in the Town? I have a bet on with several people that we will see that re-emerge before we take our next sup to Auld Lang Syne!

There is one area which always gets in the way of possible developments in the Town and that's the conservation tag the Front Street, and now surrounding area, has. Good thing…….bad thing…….I dunno. Without it we wouldn't have had the Market Place regeneration, and even if some people don't like what it turned out to be it does represent a million squid inward investment.

• 2 months later...

Here's a laugh for you, and a probable insight to the people running NCC. They have been employing a person to help find ways of saving money for NCC. Oooh! That's good I here you say! Well this guy is being paid ONE THOUSAND POUND a DAY and has been employed by NC COONCIL for EIGHT MONTH and is still on the payroll! You still laughing?

I thought it was £1100 a day Merlin!!!!!!

We have seen this before, if you want to shut down say vast parts of a nationalised industry for ideological reasons probably best to get say a foreign national in to actually do it! It deflects some of the criticism!

As I mentioned parking charges in this thread already………..

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2010/10/01/row-escalates-over-car-parking-in-northumberland-61634-27377007/

Also as we are talking about NCC investment in Bedders, although how that can be appropriate seeing as the Town council have bought into new market stalls which will be located in the Market Place????

http://www.journallive.co.uk/north-east-news/todays-news/2010/10/02/an-initiative-to-regenerate-the-historic-street-markets-of-northumberland-is-being-drawn-up-in-a-bid-to-reverse-years-of-decline-61634-27384146/

Here's a laugh for you, and a probable insight to the people running NCC. They have been employing a person to help find ways of saving money for NCC. Oooh! That's good I here you say! Well this guy is being paid ONE THOUSAND POUND a DAY and has been employed by NC COONCIL for EIGHT MONTH and is still on the payroll! You still laughing?

I would do the job for £500 a day, and i could save them thousands. Sack HIM!

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now