New Bus Service

hello everyone I just wanted to say we have actually got a new bus service. Its the A2 and it starts from Blyth and finishes at Kirkhill in Morpeth It now comes past Stead Lane and goes up toBedlington till after eleven at night which is really handy if you want a drink or a meal in Bedlington Its a mini bus but may it long last as we haven't had a bus service going this way late at night since Raisbecks finished I dont' think theres a lot of people are aware of this so just thought Id mention it.

• Like 3

Cheers for the info. But as a car user and abuser I do not have a clue as to the buses. All I know is that they are unreliable, never on time and full of Chavs on the way to the dole :whistle: You also wait 3hrs and 3 turn up at the same time, and they are bluddy expensive and don't go where you want them too. All in all a bluddy waste of time :lol: :lol:

But as a car user and abuser I do not have a clue as to the buses.

I also abuse the car, but since my insurance has gone up by £250+ this year, without any claims and with another years no claims, even confused dot com can't change my mind. Its time to dust the bike off, and sell the car.

For those wet days, i thank god for the bus!

They worse!

I wasn't complaining about the price, i was complaining about the £250 hike since last year, even though i now have more no-claims! how can they justify that?

Same happened to me as well, despite being with them for over 5 years, they just hiked up the premium, for a smaller car and less powerful. Were going to put payments up to £60 a month for 1.6 Astra as opposed to £35 for when I had a 1.8 Zafira. When challenged they just said it's the way the market is. They were stunned when I said I didn't want to continue and had found cheaper, they asked 'How can they do that ?', told them 'It's the way the market is' :dribble:

Same happened to me as well, despite being with them for over 5 years, they just hiked up the premium, for a smaller car and less powerful. Were going to put payments up to £60 a month for 1.6 Astra as opposed to £35 for when I had a 1.8 Zafira. When challenged they just said it's the way the market is. They were stunned when I said I didn't want to continue and had found cheaper, they asked 'How can they do that ?', told them 'It's the way the market is' :dribble:

Nice one......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

They worse!

I wasn't complaining about the price, i was complaining about the £250 hike since last year, even though i now have more no-claims! how can they justify that?

Mine too, the quote was £300 dearer this year and i've not claimed.....I got my new one from CSIS and paid £400 less than my renewal quote!

• Like 1

Best one I did with a local insurance company, won't give their name, but I was on a tight BUDGET :whistle: I asked for a quote with no no-claims for a 2.5lt Transit van. They said £400 full comp. I said so that'll be £140 to me then? Hows that? they said. Well I've got 65% no-claims bonus! AH! They said it doesn't work like that. Why? says me.

Well because it just doesn't!they said. So then what's the quote for me with 65%? Well, they said, it comes out at £350 so do you want to go with that? Needless to say they were now talking to an empty seat! They are a law unto themselves and just make it up as they go along.

I've always found it better to change insurance companies every year!

By the way what's this got to do with buses? Don't tell me I now need insurance to travel on public transport :rofl:

Don't tell me I now need insurance to travel on public transport :rofl:

Give it time :whistle:

I see a long term issue here, the roads are congested, the rich and famous don't like sitting in traffic jams with us commoners. They want the roads to themselves to go where the want when they want. Ideal solution, price all the commoners off the roads so we get on our bikes! Increase insurance premiums, diabolical petrol prices,toll roads, and congestion charges all aimed at the average working man! No loss of revenue to government or insurance companies because the rich and famous have the money to pay for the privilege of driving. They want the ordinary working man off the roads to free up the system. The Red Star of the Communist idealism doesn't seem to very far away and it makes no difference how they wrap it up!

Madamme Guilotine seems a more and more likely solution. Up the Revolution :shiftyninja: :shiftyninja:

• Like 2

I see a long term issue here, the roads are congested, the rich and famous don't like sitting in traffic jams with us commoners. They want the roads to themselves to go where the want when they want. Ideal solution, price all the commoners off the roads so we get on our bikes! Increase insurance premiums, diabolical petrol prices,toll roads, and congestion charges all aimed at the average working man! No loss of revenue to government or insurance companies because the rich and famous have the money to pay for the privilege of driving. They want the ordinary working man off the roads to free up the system. The Red Star of the Communist idealism doesn't seem to very far away and it makes no difference how they wrap it up!

Madamme Guilotine seems a more and more likely solution. Up the Revolution :shiftyninja: :shiftyninja:

Well said Merlin :D

• 3 weeks later...

Where have you been? on a bus trip?

I've been on a magical, mystical journey Pete. I have wandered plains and tundra, climbed mountains, forded rivers and sailed the seven seas. I have embraced mankind to my bosom, and returned a better person for it.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now